Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naruto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

What is the point of the clip show? To remind us that 70 odd episodes ago there was actually a proper story to the series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

I've watched up to 108/109, and you can sort of tell they got a few new directors and animators in between season 1 and 2. Or that could just be me, whatever..

I watched about 5 minutes of the dub on jetix today and couldn't stop laughing. I hate using this word, but my god do they sound ghey.
    "He is as cool as a cucumber".
    Wtf?hahahaha

The only real problem with the whole series is the amount of flashbacks imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭GK¦ Ixion²

Makaveli wrote:
    What is the point of the clip show? To remind us that 70 odd episodes ago there was actually a proper story to the series?
    Its been a while since there was any real storyline at all so they think we need to be reminded of it obviously. A way to conveniently forget the filler ever happened.:rolleyes:

Doe anybody know where I could get the manga in Dublin? I looked around town today and couldn't find it, and Forbidden Planet was closed when I got to it. I thought they might stock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Eva24

They have the Viz editions but I heard the manga was picked up by a distributer over here (Probably Gollanchz who have One Piece and Ruroni Kenshin among others) so the cheaper versions should be appearing on our shelves shortly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

Myself on epsiode 196, just like... for crying out loud cut it out with all these missions already! I can't wait for them to get back on track. I mean its neat seeing the whole gang using their ninja skills and all but for the love of cheese pizza :rolleyes: get sick of seeing basically the same thing over and over. I would love to get my hands on the manga though. This is one anime I'd like to purchase and add to my collection, for reals like. Damn those flashbacks as well!! *excitement*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ofcourse I'd love to get on with the storyline but am I the only person who seems comforted by filler? It's like a nicotine patch..

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Filler is totally redundant though. It has no point and won't impact the story in any way. (if it does, it means they are pissing over the creators vision).

Consider this - you could skip the fillers and watch Monster instead. Or any one of a hundred shows that are better than Naruto filler.

It has probably gotten to the stage now where any big show is automatically destined for manga-starved crapness.

Kold wrote:
    Ofcourse I'd love to get on with the storyline but am I the only person who seems comforted by filler? It's like a nicotine patch..

Yes, yes you are.

Has Naruto moved to Thursday night or Friday night now?

I thought it was Thursday, but the new raw is only up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

dattebayo couldnt get good raw apparently, so major delays.... according to their website anyway.

of all episodes, why would they mess about with these?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

is the god dam filler over yet also everone read the manga its getting good.

awhir wrote:
    is the god dam filler over yet also everone read the manga its getting good.
    What have you read up to? I've read all the ones on youtube, so up to chapter 326 (?). Sakura is finally becoming useful, but alot of the battles are dragging on even in the manga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

BlueSpiral wrote:
    ghey.

:eek:

You stole my word ladyWoman!

On a side note, is Naruto any good really? I mean objectively speaking, is the content mature? And by mature I don't mean blood and tits! :rolleyes:

:eek:

You stole my word ladyWoman!

On a side note, is Naruto any good really? I mean objectively speaking, is the content mature? And by mature I don't mean blood and tits! :rolleyes:
    :D Tis mine now, man-wench!

It's got alot of swearing it in, well the manga and the Japanese sub do. And I'm surprised it's rated as a kids show, there is alot of mature things and long explainations I don't think a kid would understand.

Anime is good, though the manga is better IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ah... for what it is it's very well done and enjoyable.

There's a huge cast of characters and they are all very well developed with interesting back stories. And the fight scenes aren't just people battering the heads off each other, but are actually very strategic affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Looks like 202-204 are now available.

Wow, more craptastic filler.

So it looks like the new arc will start on the 26th of October after the next and hopefully last filler episode on the 19th.

yeah, disappointing it wasnt kakashi gaiden, or Naruto 2, as the rumours had been saying.

few glimpses of Naruto 2 in the opening and closing credits tho

Makaveli wrote:
    Wow, more craptastic filler.

So it looks like the new arc will start on the 26th of October after the next and hopefully last filler episode on the 19th.

me so happy :)

• Advertisement

yeah, disappointing it wasnt kakashi gaiden, or Naruto 2, as the rumours had been saying.

few glimpses of Naruto 2 in the opening and closing credits tho
    I can't wait for the new non-filler episodes.

It's going to hop from all the kids being small, to the kids springing 5 inches each with new clothes. I can't wait for all the "OMFG wtF hapnd 2 thm, theyr al bg and nw noi. i@M coNFUSEd!" comments on youtube. Well not exactly looking forward to it, but all the non-manga readers will be starting fights with each other for explanations. Heheheh

lol, yeah, i can imagine the comments...

"Dude, did we miss a few eps?"
    "Wow, the jananese are way ahead of us"

better than all the damn spoiler comments people post in the comments tho, i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Was all excited when i downloaded the 90min special thinking it was special because the fillter was over...really hope the fillter does end in the next ep or so :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭GK¦ Ixion²

carbonkid wrote:
    Was all excited when i downloaded the 90min special thinking it was special because the fillter was over...really hope the fillter does end in the next ep or so :(
    Same here. I was so disgusted when i got that stupid filler special.Why release a stupid special to celebrate the hated filler??
    Also ive heard on some of the forums that the titles for the next 5 episodes are filler titles. So it could very well be another month or so b4 they end.:(

Ugh more filler and it wasn't resolved so more filler to come.
    It's never going to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Just like this thread ;_;

wow,
    the manga is getting really stuck in now.what you all think of whats happing.

decided to give up on the tv show.
    What volume should i start on the comic to continue from where the cartoon is?

Please and thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OniTenshi

The Kakashi Gaiden arc starts at chapter 239 and thats the break off point from the anime filler

• Advertisement

thanks

Advertisement