Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shels-Sunderland Monday night 8pm

• 23-07-2006 9:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭

Should be an interesting friendly on Monday night. Shels on top form at the moment with 12 wins from the last 13 competitive games (inc. the now scratched game versus Dub City) and Sunderland only getting back in to their season.

It's only a tenner in, and according to today's Sunday Indo, Sunderland are bringing over approx. 1,000 fans. :eek:
    Sunderland boost for Shelbourne
    Shelbourne's players were paid last week, after some delay in payment previously, and they duly responded by thrashing UCD 6-0 on Friday night and going back to the top of the table. Chief executive Ollie Byrne is reported to be working on a new deal to help the club's finances, with news expected this week.

Sunderland and Niall Quinn have come to Shels' rescue in the meantime and they will travel to Tolka Park tomorrow night at no cost to the Reds. Almost 1,000 Sunderland fans are expected in Dublin for this friendly, which could be a welcome money-spinner for Shels.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I know its only a friendly, but if we play our current starting XI we'll thump them no problem. I think Nutsy'll use it as an excuse to give players who haven't been playing much, or at all, a game - which is fair enough.

Only €10 in, it'd be a shame for anyone to miss this really.

Ollie's finances plan, could this be the €15m we've heard about? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I think Shels should play their best team.

This is a chance to showcase the excellent players they have at the moment and hopefully they might end up with a few more potential followers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Well, I'd say Ndo will be given the freedom to take Sunderland apart in the hope that they put in €500k bid for him!!!

And don't be surprised if he does. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sunderland have no manager and Shels top of the league at a time when their rivals are not playing, would not expect Shels to keep their best 11 on the pitch for long. Too risky in that any injury could rule out a needed player for the few games which are vital if they want to build up a decent lead on Cork Drogs and Derry.

Sunderland have some eh cracking players tho :p

kdjac

Looks like one fringe player for Shels will be getting a run.

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=419

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Can you buy tickets on the gate?

We'll be giving a few ex-Dublin City players who are on the lookout for new clubs games.

Liam Kearney will be going straight back into the fray, oh his favoured left wing. (Good luck to him. Clean slate and all that. Quality player, we all know that, hopefully he can turn it on for us!).

David Crawley, who hasn't played much will be starting.

Jamie Harris, who's missed the best part of 2 seasons through injury will be starting, perhaps up front - despite him being one hell of a central defender (he makes Dave Rogers look good ffs the way he covers for him!).

All in all, I'd say we'll play alot fo the game without any regular player on the pitch! Bet we still win! ;)

Daryl Murphy will be starting tomorrow night for Sunderland.

Shelsweb wrote:
    Shelbourne manager Pat Fenlon plans on making a lot of changes to his side which scored eleven goals in their last two league games in the week just gone. He told ShelsWeb: “We had a lot of games recently playing more or less twice every week and I’ll be taking the opportunity to give the rest of the squad a run-out. I’ll probably play a couple of guest players as well. I’ve been talking to Dermot Keely and we’ll give a few of the Dublin City players a game, to hopefully put them in the shop window and get then fixed up with clubs. Derek Pender will definitely play and one or two others as well. I expect it to be a good competitive game and a good work-out for both sets of players”

Steve Williams will play in goals while David Crawley will come in at left back. Jamie Harris will also be a definite starter but may play up front if Fenlon opts to rest both Crowe and Byrne. Richie Baker, Greg O’Halloran, Jim Crawford and Liam Kearney will line out across the middle.

^^ :eek: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    ^^ :eek: :)

Proper order tbh, be foolish to play needed players when Sunderland are the attraction to non Shels fans.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Aye, I know. Still reckon we'll win. By 'we' I mean players in a Shels jersey, be they Shels players or not! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If they are in a Shels jersey, playing for Shelbourne, they are Shels players.

Is this part of Ollie's plan to assimilate CHF. First the fans, then the players. Maybe Rocky will be on the board, or Keely become Collins's assistant.

Any details on tickets? I'll be finishing work at 1 and driving up to it. Also where's the best/safest place to park.

You should be able to get tickets at Tolka tomorrow, it'll be open from 9am.

Leaving at one, you'll probably get to Dublin at about four-ish I assume (what part of Waterford are you in? City?), try to miss the rush hour traffic anyway.

If you get to Tolka for about four or half four, there should be parking along the Grace park Road, where people normally park on match nights anyway, it's safe. About fifty yards up the GPR from Tolka park there is a little cul de sac off to the right, park in there.

Nice one thanks. Yeah from the city and I know Dublin fairly well. Thanks for the info and hopefully I wont be too knackered after work to go to the game. I'll have my Norwich shirt on at it.

I'll keep an eye out for you so!

Actually, you can pay at the gate.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/07/23/story269095.html
    Tickets are available from Tolka Park all day tomorrow priced at €10 for adults and €5 concession. Admission to the game can also be gained by paying cash at the turnstiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I see Niall Quinn is after taking the managers job at his Sunderland. Shels are in trouble now! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Might wander up to this one myself, if the weather holds up. I wouldn't be expecting too much action though, with all these minnows playing. I wouldn't be convinced Shels will win either, I can see Sunderland winning, could be a high-scoring game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Town is crawling with Reg Vardys :D

• Advertisement

Gonna be hard getting a pint around Drumcondra later!! :eek:

Good enough game, and if anyone was watching Derek Pender at right full they'll snap him right up. Quality player, pity we can't take him back.

We got a good interview with Niall Quinn after the game, look for it on ShelsWeb later.

In the first half our second string did very well against Sunderland, but they upped a gear for the second half, and scored two very sloppy goals.

I was very impressed with the effort put in by our lads, especially Liam Kearney, he looks hungry again. He had a fantastic first half. Oh, not Alan Moore. Lazy, uncommitted, feckless...

Some great interviews, especially the Niall Quinn one now on ShelsWeb

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=420

Some exclusive news from Kenny!!

Some great interviews, especially the Niall Quinn one now on ShelsWeb

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=420

Some exclusive news from Kenny!!

Entertaining enough, young Prender really impressed me. He really was playing for his future out there! Gave away 2 poor goals, but sure what can ya do? Spurned several chances ourselves. Sure, it gave what are effectively our reserves a good run out (only 2 who started our last league game started!).

Advertisement