Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6230-Email

• 23-07-2006 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I was wondering about setting up email one my 6230. At the moment I am using hotmail and am on the meteor network. How do I go about setting up so I can recieve email and also how much will it cost?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I was on the meteor site there a second ago, yeah Im a fast mover:rolleyes: . Anyway they have an option to set up Email on your phone. So I clicked on the option, it brought me to a page where I had to enter my details. Now I am using hotmail.com, but it gives you a option only for msn.com. So I put in my email address as XXXXXXXXXXX@msn.com, then I get a message saying that "please ensure your logged out of webmail." I am, but I still can't set it up. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You can't check hotmail via pop3 unless you've got the paid for account, unless Meteor have some sort of arrangement with them (which they don't to my knowledge).

Also, you'll find it hard to get the email working on your 6230 if you're with Meteor as they don't allow proper APN access (required to internet connection beyond standard WAP for most things, afaik...).

I know O2 let you do it, even on Speakeasy ...

Try www.nokia.ie/settings and advanced settings on the off chance that might work - again though, Meteor is gonna screw you I fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

How is Meteor screwing him? They don't support email, they don't claim to. It's unfortunate but that's life.

If hotmail allows forwarding, you can forward mail to 3538xxxxxx@mms.mymeteor.ie. It won't receive mail over 100k but it's grand for the basic stuff. You receive mail as picture messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They'll screw him by not allowing him to do it ... poorly chosen words perhaps :)

Advertisement