Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone calls causing problems with wireless connection

• 23-07-2006 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭

I have the Netopia router from the eircom package and both my PC and my parents are connected wirelass adaptors (parents is a Gigabyte and mine is a D-Link), and am connected to eircom broadband. The connection is fine and works as normal with good to excellent signals from both.

But whenever somebody rings our phone, the connection is temporarily lost. For about 1-2 minutes, no page is lost, and it is particularly annoying when playing online games. Is this a common problem and/or can it be solved somehow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭homerzero

HAve you got micro filters on each telepjhone extension ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Is the phone a cordless phone? And by loss of connection to you mean loss of browsing or loss of wireless signal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Irlrobins, I forgot to mention that the connection isnt lost when I have the computer connected by wire. Also, one phone is cordless, the other isnt.

I only had the filters before the splitter on the extension with the router attached. The other phone didnt have it, so I tried placing in a spare filter, and so far, the problem seems to be solved. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

"Also, one phone is cordless,"

Thats most likely your problem right there.

Its most likely 2.4ghz cordless phone. Reason being that that section of the spectrum does not require a radio licence. Odds are its stomped on a huge chunk of the frequancy two.

Try hopping your access point channels but i wouldnt fancy your chances and you cant tweak the frequancy on most cordless phones.

So it may be a cse of wire the broadband or the phone or just live with it. Iv seen tv video senders cause this king of trouble two.

Advertisement