Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A young man takes Shahadah

• 23-07-2006 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭

Sometimes people wonder what happens during the moment of conversion to Islam.

This is a 5min video of a young man making the statement of belief, (shahadah), and thus becoming Muslim. The man speaking in Arabic is Habib Ali al Jifri, a much loved teacher of Islam, and incidentally a direct decendent of the Prophet Muhammad(saws).

click here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

WOW!! Cool video! Thanks brother! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭babyvaio

Allah swt guides whom He wills - there are some other videos there as well - take a look!

Indeed, Allah guides those who wish to be guided. Noone comes to Islam unless it is God's will but people must choose for themselves too.

I did take a look at some of the other videos. All great! Took a look at some Malcolm X vids too. There were two vids showing an interview after his return from Mecca. Some dude! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭blackthorn

the_new_mr wrote:
    WOW!! Cool video! Thanks brother!

I'm your sister, actually. I shoulda said before. Heh. But yes, cool video! I always cry when I see someone take shahadah.

blackthorn wrote:
    I'm your sister, actually. I shoulda said before. Heh. But yes, cool video! I always cry when I see someone take shahadah.

Ooops! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oooops is right. Making a mistake like that is likely to cause us far more trouble than any number of theological debates. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote:
    Oooops is right. Making a mistake like that is likely to cause us far more trouble than any number of theological debates. :D

Heeey Wibbs, I'm glad to say that we (nearly) agree on something! ;)

MEGA WHOOPS!!!! :) Sorry about that sister :)

Advertisement