Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive price cuts on 1MB AMD dual core CPUs yay!

Options
  • 23-07-2006 12:46pm
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Looks like im going dual core in August :)

X2 3800 €165

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I thought you already had dual core:confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Nope, good ol' single core :)

Its at 3ghz which makes up for the lack of a second core :D

Come to think of it, would anyone be interested in a S939 3700 that does 3ghz @1.47 vcore on air?

Say €165 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

conzymaher wrote:

Come to think of it, would anyone be interested in a S939 3700 that does 3ghz @1.47 vcore on air?

Ehh, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I just bougth a 3700 and i think i will stay with it. If i get as good as clock as your self i will def be very happy with it. Maybe if your doing lots of incoding and working on 2 things at ones it be cool to have the dual core. But im only into games and the 3700 suits my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

conzymaher wrote:

X2 3800 €165

Yeah - I thought it wasn't going to happen until Monday but Komplett dropped the prices on Friday (much have known it was my birthday!?). There was a reasonable bit of stock there too - it didn't last long - got in my order anyway :)

AMD are doing well out of me this weather, its the second x2 3800 I've bought this year (albeit the second being half the price of the first) and a 3500+. Most of my hot and noisy socket A gear has been retired :D

D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

keep it, a second high-end system is always nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I will be picking up 2 over the coming month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

conzymaher wrote:

X2 3800 €165

me too :-) that 4400 x2 gotta drop soon !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

The 2MB cores are still very expensive! You can get an AM2 X2 5000+ for half the price of the s939 X2 4800!!:eek:

Why dont you take the plunge conzy and go for a conroe system? Surely you could get a nice price for the rig you have there?

P.S.Thx for the help with my rig, tis running like a dream! Tried some light overclocking but to no avail.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

*** Cough Conroe *** :D Those prices are amazing!! i think the time has come to ditch the p4 prescott once and for all!!

• Advertisement

^ That time came a long time ago:p

conzymaher wrote:
    ^ That time came a long time ago:p

lol it has served me well if i had the money i would have changed along time ago :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

While we're on the subject of the price drops, anyone reckon its worth changing my FX-53 for a S939 4800+ or 4400+ X2 in a few months?

Yes^

But the FX-53 is s940 isnt it?

You will have to go s939 or AM2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Nope, FX-53 was a S939 part although I think it was S940 at some point too. Either way I have mine sitting in an Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

My old 3500+ is three sheets to the wind *sob*
    All i need now is my VAT number and im running up a high bill:D. To go conroe or AMD ? *mmmmmmm*

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

I went onto Komplett today looking for some good AM2 prices to buy and all I see is temporarilly out of stock everywhere, even on the Conroes :(

Guess I'll have to wait a week or 2 to pick up that great deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

The prices have dropped again!!!!

Last Thursday x2 3800 - 299.96(ish)
    Last Friday - x2 3800 - 165.01
    Today - x2 3800 - 149.96

D.

dazberry wrote:
    The prices have dropped again!!!!

Last Thursday x2 3800 - 299.96(ish)
    Last Friday - x2 3800 - 165.01
    Today - x2 3800 - 149.96

D.

Yeah i noticed that. Only prob is that now i have a 3000+ chip thats worth even less now then 2 weeks back. Im sure lots of other people in the same boat. You might get €50 would u think for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

X2 5000+ for €299 anyone?

• Advertisement

Lol looks like Intel are not aking the performance/price crown any time soon. Still getting a Conroe to put under phase though. As well as 3 X2 3800+s.

One question though. Since they dont make 939 parts anymore is this going to raise the cost of second hand 939 dual cores above recommended retail price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Im tempted by these two:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz Socket LGA775, 4MB, BOXED w/fan €325.01

or

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6GHz Socket AM2 1MB, BOXED w/fan €299.95

I dunno which one tho :confused:

CC

Core duo if you can get it.

CombatCow wrote:
    Im tempted by these two:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz Socket LGA775, 4MB, BOXED w/fan €325.01

or

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6GHz Socket AM2 1MB, BOXED w/fan €299.95

I dunno which one tho :confused:

CC

Heart would say Amd head would say intel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

hah yeah thats right :) .Im a bit concerned tho about how good the chipsets are, and also number of boards available for the intel cpu.The nForce boards have been great for me over the last while so they have a lot of pulling power for me to stay with them.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Intel boards are thin on the ground from what I hear.

Pity, hoping to build me a media box / lan box / high-end firewall+NAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Elara seem to have dropped their prices as well. Not as substantial as Komplett but they have stock
    http://elara.ie/products/cpua.asp

I only bought a 3700+ at komplett last week for €135, this week you can get the same chip when they get it in stock for €110.

CombatCow wrote:
    hah yeah thats right :) .Im a bit concerned tho about how good the chipsets are, and also number of boards available for the intel cpu.The nForce boards have been great for me over the last while so they have a lot of pulling power for me to stay with them.

CC

Yeah i wouldnt be keen on getting first revision chipsets bound to be issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

conzymaher wrote:
    Nope, good ol' single core :)

Its at 3ghz which makes up for the lack of a second core :D

id be intereted but less than 165 ;)
    pm me if u are selling

Advertisement