Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive price cuts on 1MB AMD dual core CPUs yay!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Heart would say Amd head would say intel

we work alike :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

awhir wrote:
    we work alike :D

lol going for the E6600 2.4GHz when the funds are better :D

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

gline wrote:
    id be intereted but less than 165 ;)
    pm me if u are selling

Yup, I hope to be selling in August :)

Im just not sure if I want a 3ghz single core or a 2ghz dual core that may reach ~2.6

I need re-assurance from a Dual core user :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Dual core = multi-tasking ownage.

Built a dual core for a friend, now i waaaaaaaaaaant one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

that 3800+ is €115

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Oh loverly, think I'll go for the 3800+, $121 at newegg.com. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Ruu wrote:
    Oh loverly, think I'll go for the 3800+, $121 at newegg.com. :)

How much is there shipping ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

BadCharlie wrote:
    How much is there shipping ?
    Ruu is living the US so be jealous:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

AMD is dead...roll on Intel!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

would advise you to flee from your house you may be getting bombings from people for saying that.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Kill this Muppet :rolleyes:

Hey..Conroe pounds EVERYTHING to dust, even the €1000+ FX-60 can't compete with an overclocked E6600.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Hey..Conroe pounds EVERYTHING to dust, even the €1000+ FX-60 can't compete with an overclocked E6600.

:rolleyes: Music to my ears

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

ahh yes, but its more than double the price of a x2 3800 and isnt twice as good.

And most people here have s939 rigs so it makes more sense to make a €150 upgrade than a complete system overhaul

True, it's an expensive upgrade!!..i've spent some €1000 on my new parts. But it also denefits those seeking some second hand 939 gear.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Dunno think the 939 and AM2 chips are gonna go cheaper again. Looking at the 5000+ as a reasonable buy. Thought about the E6600 but thinking of glitches on a new chipset dunno if its worth my while. Also AMD bi-est:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I think Amd will drop prices on parts againn, as it is they have been over-priced for a while because they could be. As for Conroe destroys all, show me your Conroe overclocks and benchmarks? Besides given samples nobodys got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

they'll probably drop prices on AM2 parts, 939 on the otherhand may be trickier to get as production has finished

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Nukem wrote:
    Dunno think the 939 and AM2 chips are gonna go cheaper again. Looking at the 5000+ as a reasonable buy. Thought about the E6600 but thinking of glitches on a new chipset dunno if its worth my while. Also AMD bi-est:D

The mere handful of over priced boards available is whats annoying me. I need a board with 2 16x PCI-E and 1 4x PCI-E (16x length ok) and an olde PCI slot as well as the ability to get 400Mhz FSB+.

Seems the only ones are the pricey Asus and the odd ball Intel Badaxe (also pricey). Ive read multiple conflicting reviews of the BadAxe.. some say its a great overclocking board, others like Anandtech say its so-so.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

conzymaher wrote:
    ahh yes, but its more than double the price of a x2 3800 and isnt twice as good.

And most people here have s939 rigs so it makes more sense to make a €150 upgrade than a complete system overhaul

Just as a sidenote on that statement.... Was the X2 3800+ even anywhere near twice as good as a 920D at any point for tiwce the price ?

AMD never had much of a lead over intel, except in a couple of games and synthetic benchmarks. Now that the tides have turned all of a sudden Intel seem to be being slated for not having pulled off a 50%+ performance leap in one generation...

• Advertisement
Advertisement