Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Message sending not allowed"

• 23-07-2006 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

My Fathers phone a 3220 wont send texts the msg centre number is right all the settings are right but when sending "Message Sending not allowed" but can receive texts??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

What network???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Is it pay as you go? If so when was the last time he topped up?

Have seen this before mate went months without toppin up and they cut him off to a certain degree he couldnt make calls/txts but could recieve both

If thats the case a quick call to voda will sort it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

if he hasnt topped up in over six months, his credit is automatically frozen and it can only be released by topping up.
    if hes getting message sending not allowed its more than likely the message centre number has been altered or deleted.
    its +35387699989
    call vodafone and they should check his phones settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I had a simalar problem on a bill pay sim card about a year and it needed a sim change to resolve the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My Fathers phone a 3220 wont send texts the msg centre number is right all the settings are right but when sending "Message Sending not allowed" but can receive texts??

Are you 100% sure that the message centre number is in the format
    +35387699989?

irish1 wrote:
    I had a simalar problem on a bill pay sim card about a year and it needed a sim change to resolve the issue.
    Also happened to a friend of mine. If you're absolutely sure the message centre is correct then it could be a SIM fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

He needs a new sim, its a nokia problem with old sims. Go into Vodafone?meteor/o2 shop and they will give him a new one with the same number free of charge.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I'm having the same problem on my 6680. I did a hard reset last week and since then, I can't send texts. Been through the jigs and reels with Vodafone (both the shop and the phoneline), but to no avail. I can make calls, receive calls and receive texts, just not send texts.

I even went as far as getting a SIM change, but it made no difference. Somebody please help!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭paulshir

Very simple solution. Phone cutomer care and they will tick a box allowing you to send messages. Same thing happened to me when I ported from 02.

Hope this helps.

Ready to go customer care no. 1850208787

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Well, I just got my phone sorted out!

My problem was that I was using a verrrry old SIM card (8k, got it in year 2000!) and once the phone was reset, it through the Vodafone system out of place. Apparently, a Ready-To-Go Bonus Pack will accept those older SIMs, but as soon as you reset the phone, whatever aspect of the Bonus Pack that made it "old-SIM-friendly" gets erased too.

So, to fix the problem, I got onto Vodafone support (ask for the actual support team when you're talking to a customer service representative). They "de-ticked" my ability to send texts, got me to switch off my phone, then they turned the ability back on and got me to switch my phone back on to. That's an ugly sentence, but I can't be bothered trying to rethink it.

But yeah, it's fixed. Hope that's some help!

Advertisement