Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survival Horror et al

• 23-07-2006 2:22pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Playin Resi 4 at the mo, its great but tough in parts. I love dem survival horror games but they scare the bejayus outta me. I didnt like early resi games tho but i love the silent hill series and have completed them all. Im nearing the end of resi 4 but its draggin out!!

Whats ur fav survival horror game and why? Mine is silent hill 2 as it really sucks you in, has a great plot and twists and is creepy as hell!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'm still sentimental about my old favourites like RE and SH 1 and 2 but RE4 beats them all imo. Superior gameplay and graphics as well as thoroughly engaging characters/setpieces. Others just don't compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Resi4 Makes **** of everything else in my eyes. One of the best games i've played in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TuneR

dimerocks wrote:
    Resi4 Makes **** of everything else in my eyes. One of the best games i've played in years.

My brother loaned his copy away to someone and hasn't gotten it back. I have played RE1-3(cleared all), CV(stopped playing it) and now wanted to play 4. Must hunt down who he loaned it to.....

Oh and have played SH1 but rathered RE so haven't played any of ther follow ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I think the Silent Hill series was magnificent (the only one I didn't play was 4, so I can't vouch for that) and actually frightening to play. I personally felt Silent Hill 2 was the best of the three I played. The story was great, the atmosphere eerie and genuinely unsettling, I'm hoping that Alan Wake (out in September I think) is of a similar vein, well, it looks very similar to Silent Hill from what I've seen on the trailer and that can only be a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

I liked the first and second Silent Hill's, really scared the **** out of me! and also of course Resident Evil series! but i really did like Clocktower on the Super Nintendo, that game was really freaky! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Laguna wrote:
    I think the Silent Hill series was magnificent (the only one I didn't play was 4, so I can't vouch for that) and actually frightening to play. I personally felt Silent Hill 2 was the best of the three I played. The story was great, the atmosphere eerie and genuinely unsettling, I'm hoping that Alan Wake (out in September I think) is of a similar vein, well, it looks very similar to Silent Hill from what I've seen on the trailer and that can only be a good thing.

yeah SH2 is my fav. SH4 is good but second half of it is too drawn out. Im looking forward to seeing what the PS3 can do for survival horror! (yes im a nerd!)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I picked up X-Files: Resist or Serve (the 2004 game, not 'X-Files The Game' from the late 90s) in Tesco recently for 10 or 15 euro...

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/xfilesresistorserve?q=x-files

Not my favourite, but it was a nice surprise even if there are flaws in the game. At under 20 euro, I’m not complaining. And yes, with zombie like things attacking you it is a survival horror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Laguna wrote:
    Yeah, the thing that scared me most in SH1 was the ghost baby's in the school, and just being in the creepy dark school

Other moment: in Resident Evil 2, when you're in the room with the mirrored side of the Interrogation window and the licker jumps through
    I always knew it was comin, but still made me think "I hope that's Shepherd's Pie in my nickers"

SURVIVAL HORROR! GWAN D FVCK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Silent Hill 2. Conehead was a great character.

Advertisement