Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Fit Roof Tile Sheets

Options
  • 23-07-2006 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭

My dad went and bought himself toofing tile sheets (Large metal sheets with a roof tile shape) to cover his kitchen extension, its a flat roof, currently covered in torch on with an 8 or 9 degree pitch.

I went over to look at the tile sheets and accessories and the tilesheet fitment is quite easy but its the detail work that is not clear. He has Barge plates ( I think thats what they are), top flashing, and Stripseal. You can see the images here. An example of the tile sheet is here .

a) When the tile sheet is fixed to the roof and the top flashing is fixed to the wall and sitting on top of the tilesheet, does the stipseal fit between the flashing and tile sheet. Is any sealant or adhesive needed to fix the stipseal or the flashing to the tilesheets.

b) when fitting the barge plates the sit over the tilesheet. As they sit in top of the tile sheet on the highpoints of the sheet, they obviously needed to be sealed against rain which could be driven under the plates. How are these spaces sealed?

Not having done this kind of roof before, I am at a loss to know what materials to use.

Hope my description has not been too confusing.

V.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Vexorg,

The stripseal should be fixed as you said. The usual method of fixing is with a glue, (I can't remember the name of it) which comes in a tube similar to silicone and applied in the same manner with a gun.

Regarding the barge plates, I think silicone would seal it.

I may be open to correction here.

Advertisement