Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb router settings

Options
  • 23-07-2006 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Would someone be able to tell me the settings I should use on my wifi router to set it up for Digiweb metro? Gateway and DNS etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

have you tried Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Yup. I have. But the settings I'm looking for are to configure a Linksys Wifi router that I've connected to the digiweb box. I have a static IP address as afar as I know so I need this plus the subnet,gateway and DNS configurations. Not sure if they're specific to me or generic to digiweb

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

set the linksys to accept dhcp on its wan port, thats all you have todo.

I see. Don't have Metro myself. I would have thought they'd have sent you the relevant information and/or a CD to set it up. Otherwise give them a call.

zabbo wrote:
    set the linksys to accept dhcp on its wan port, thats all you have todo.

No, afraid not. When it's a static IP you need the settings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Eglinton wrote:
    No, afraid not. When it's a static IP you need the settings.
    What do you have connected to the metro box now? What settings does it have?

When you set the Lynksys router to Static IP It needs the Static IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS1

I've set it to Dynamic IP and DHCP enabled etc but it doesn't work using that. The guy in the shop told me I'd have to get the settings off Digiweb so it's obviously a common enough thing

Eglinton wrote:
    The guy in the shop told me I'd have to get the settings off Digiweb so it's obviously a common enough thing

Just call them. Their support is OK. Still surprised you did not get account details from them when you signed up. Got a couple of mails when I signed up with them for DSL.

Eglinton wrote:
    Yup. I have. But the settings I'm looking for are to configure a Linksys Wifi router that I've connected to the digiweb box. I have a static IP address as afar as I know so I need this plus the subnet,gateway and DNS configurations. Not sure if they're specific to me or generic to digiweb
    ''as afar as I know"?

If you have a static address, you'd know it, and you'd know the settings that go with it.

Did digiweb install this metro service when nobody was there? Have you never had a PC connected to the service?

Yea it's a static IP. You usually have a choice if you want static or dynamic. They didn't ask me. They didn't give me any other info though.

• Advertisement

Okay, who knows, maybe it'll be 3rd time lucky.

Have you ever had a PC connected to the service?

And if so, what settings did it use?

NEver over Wifi no. I'm using it now though connected directly. You can't change the settings on the box though. Don't know if you can check what they are.

Eglinton wrote:
    NEver over Wifi no. I'm using it now though connected directly. You can't change the settings on the box though. Don't know if you can check what they are.

So the PC has an IP address and netmak and DNS settings. Have you tried putting these settings into the Linksys?

Yup. No joy. I need the DNS which I dont have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Digiwebs DNS servers for Metro are:

For my Linksys Router there's a couple of different options for the type of address it uses. Setting it to DHCP should work but as you've said above it doesn't. Connect the PC directly to the Digiweb modem and you should be able to find the WAN IP address which is what you're looking for. Then for the Linksys Router use the Static IP option and enter the information and the addresses of the DNS servers above. And you should be ready to go.

Cheers
    Rory

Eglinton wrote:
    Yup. No joy. I need the DNS which I dont have
    Sigh. Your PC has a DNS address that it is using. Just run IPCONFIG /ALL in a command prompt to see what settings your PC is using. The Linksys router can use the same settings.

Advertisement