Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any chance of acting at 5 foot 4?

Options
  • 23-07-2006 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

hi im only 5 foot 4 in height and i am a male at 19 years of age,is their ny chance of me becoming a successfull actor at my preent height?i ask this because if you look at hte staticstics apart ronnie corbet or michael j fox and of course tom cruise at 5 foot 7 ,there very few successfull actors that i can see to break the mould,so if im wrong about this could someone prove it to me,also i have no experiance of acting but i would like to learn where do i start ?it may be nessecery for me to continue working full time for a while so is there ny good part time course?thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

You got all the small dude parts lined up. Lots of work for you. Go learn how to act. Its hard. Check out Gaeity School, Trinity, Bull Alley, Cholaiste Dhulaigh, Inchicore College, Attic Studio, Theatre Forum, local youth theatre or amateur dramatics. If you like it, its for you. If you are lucky you can make a living out of it. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 will'o'wisp

Acting isn't modeling. Its not about how you look its about talent, luck determination and a thick skin. I'm a girl and just breaking the 5 foot mark so I'm trying to develop that thick skin myself but if you love it you won't give up. Good luck. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

j2u wrote:
    hi im only 5 foot 4 in height and i am a male at 19 years of age,is their ny chance of me becoming a successfull actor at my preent height?i ask this because if you look at hte staticstics apart ronnie corbet or michael j fox and of course tom cruise at 5 foot 7 ,there very few successfull actors that i can see to break the mould,so if im wrong about this could someone prove it to me,also i have no experiance of acting but i would like to learn where do i start ?it may be nessecery for me to continue working full time for a while so is there ny good part time course?thanx
    Also Rob Schneider, Danny De Vito, Gary Coleman

Advertisement