Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anne Rice

Options
  • 23-07-2006 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭

I know there was a thread done on this subject a while back but I can't find it.

I'm just coming to the end of "interview with the vampire" and I was wondering what book should I read next,

could anyone post the order that the saga should be read in?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

They were written in the order you should read them in:

The Vampire Chronicles

* Interview with the Vampire (1976)
    * The Vampire Lestat (1985)
    * The Queen of the Damned (1988)
    * The Tale of the Body Thief (1992)
    * Memnoch the Devil (1995)
    * The Vampire Armand (1998)
    * Merrick (2000)
    * Blood and Gold (2001)
    * Blackwood Farm (2002)
    * Blood Canticle (2003)

New Tales of the Vampires

* Pandora (1998)
    * Vittorio, the Vampire (2001)

The 'New Tales' don't form part of the official canon but I'd wait til finishing at least Memnoch before reading them. Enjoy the books, they were one of my all-time favourite series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

if it's possible to say without spoiling any of the books, does Louis appear in any more of them?

I just finished "interview with the vampire" and I really enjoyed it. It was very deep and full of insight. I'll to buy the next one today hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:D

I started that thread, here it is.

It's taken you since April to finish Interview?

Having said that, I've still not got round to reading any of the others yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

seansouth wrote:
    It's taken you since April to finish Interview?

I didn't get round to buying it until two weeks ago.

I was reading the backs of some of the other books in the series yesterday, and one was about Louis, Lestat, a witch, ghosts and summoning and it sounded pretty ****ty to be honest.

Advertisement