Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games waiting to be played....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Now with lots of ready cash we buy and buy whatever appeals to us, leaving us with great swathes of good titles with no hope of ever exploring much further than 1hr past the title screen before some quirk or puzzle that gets us stuck makes us move on to the next title in our collection.

So so true! I've got so many games sitting half finished that I know I like but there's just always something else to do.

My biggest shame is being about three quarters through both ICO and Beyond Good & Evil, they're not even long games but I just got distracted and it's not easy to get back into things when you've left them for a while!

Also sitting around indefinitely unfinished:
    Oblivion
    Table Tennis
    Liberty City Stories
    Metal Gear Acid
    Grandia 2
    Star Ocean
    Gun
    New Mario Bros(I've completed it but not unlocked the secret worlds)

And many many others. Only games I'm playing right now are Loco Roco(Which I'm fairly sure I will complete, am being quite thorough) and Grand Prix World on PC which is an old Formula 1 management game from 1998 that I dug out and got immersed in a few weeks ago. Very time consuming and it doesn't even have such a thing as 'completing' it, you just play and play...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

recently; (i'd be here all day if i listed all of the games that i have sitting waiting to be played...)
    Shadow of the Colossus (****ty framerate put me off, so i went back to WoW)
    Ico
    MGS3 (just couldn't seem to get into it... much like MGS1 at first i suppose)
    King Kong
    Devil May Cry 2
    Transformers
    Advance Wars DS
    Mario and Luigi
    Sonic Dash
    Oblivion

in fact, i think Prey is the only game that i've actually finished so far this year:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

tman wrote:

in fact, i think Prey is the only game that i've actually finished so far this year:o

I guess thats cause it's so short and you cant die :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Amateurs. I've still got over 60 N64, Saturn and Playstation games to play not to mention emulators and the 30 odd games I haven't touch for the xbox, Ps2 and GC. There's also my 7 PSP games and 5 DS games I haven't played yet. Not forgetting the 20 GBA games and also a decent amount of PC games to boot.

And one of these days...

maybe...

just maybe.. you'll eventually discover sex! :eek:

What will happen to your pile of games that day?

(No, seeing Chun-Li's knickers doesn't count :rolleyes: )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, once your member chafes before your thumbs do, I reckon you can go right back to gaming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

yeah story of my life tbh, unfinished games... I've been doing better in the last year and a bit, finished a good few. At the moment my policy is only play one singleplayer game at a time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oblivion and half life two are the only games I have played that I have not finished.
    Some day, when i'm bored, they will be mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

koneko wrote:
    Prioritise Fahrenheit and Psychonauts tbh, both brilliant games.
    Hear Hear.

Only games I'm currently not finished are trauma centre, halo 2 and phoenix wright. For the first time in a long time I don't see myself finishing a game-trauma centre, too much bull**** between the fun bits....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have a problem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Earthhorse wrote:
    Quake 4 I bought this one day on a whim cause I wanted to shoot things. And I did shoot things. Lot's of 'em. Then I got turned into a Strogg. I haven't shot anything since.

Finish Quake 4, its gets really good near the end.
    Sico wrote:
    one of these days...

maybe...

just maybe.. you'll eventually discover sex!

Having a large amount of games unfinished is not a sign of not having sex, if anything its a sign you are spending too much time having sex and living a life and not gaming enough... priorities people, jeez.
    tman wrote:
    Shadow of the Colossus (****ty framerate put me off, so i went back to WoW)

What do you mean ****ty framerate? I thought you could only get SotC for the PS2? Can you get it for the PC (goddamit if you can that'll be another game on the list)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

L31mr0d wrote:
    What do you mean ****ty framerate? I thought you could only get SotC for the PS2? Can you get it for the PC (goddamit if you can that'll be another game on the list)
    Its only on the PS2, and its got a ****ty framerate on the PS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

L31mr0d wrote:
    sorry, didn't make that very clear.
    i got sick of SotC's framerate on the ps2 before i even offed the first Colossi, so went back to playing WoW at a solid 60+ fps on my pc
    i've barely touched any other game since starting WoW:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Metroid Prime
    Half Life 2
    Quake 4
    Zelda WW
    COD 2
    Darwinia (I got annoyed at a stupid glitch that meant I had to restart the level)
    Tomb Raider - the new one
    Ico - playing it for the 3rd time
    SOTC
    F zero X
    Rome Total War
    Advance Wars 2
    Oblivion

I have a load more PC games that I can't think of at the minute that are just sitting there gathering cyber dust. My problem is that when I get home from work I can't decide which game to play and just end up on the net or watching tv. I need a schedule or something :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

QUite a few on the xbox but i sold it and all my games so meh.

Looking toward my rack of pc games - Quake 4, PoP:TT, and Prey all have yet to be finished. Although I am currently playing through prey and apart from the odd bout of sickness from all the gravity puzzles I should be finished that soon. I might get back into quake 4 then but I remember have a save game that left me with no health and no ammo and about to come up against some nasty whores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

My problem is that i buy games play them for an hour or 2 and then drop them and go back to good old CS:S. Have about 10 games for the PC i would like to play. Im just glad i never got into the consol gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Ahh Posted twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I might get back into quake 4 then but I remember have a save game that left me with no health and no ammo and about to come up against some nasty whores.

Man that happened to me so many times, Doom is worse for not giving you any health or ammo (or maybe i've got the difficulty turned up too high). There was one time I had no health and as soon as you came out of this lift you where faced by a boss. I just kept going up and down in the lift and everytime the door opened i'd lob a grenade out, eventually he died.

Its a pity about SotC not being on the PC, one of the few games I really wanted to play without getting a PS2 (emulator... hmm?)

I've got Pychonauts atm and i've only played about 5 minutes of it. Why do people keep saying its amazing, it seems to play a bit like crash bandicoot or something which I didn't like at all

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

L31mr0d wrote:
    I've got Pychonauts atm and i've only played about 5 minutes of it. Why do people keep saying its amazing, it seems to play a bit like crash bandicoot or something which I didn't like at all

I'm exactly the same. To me it plays like Conker/Bandicoot etc. Just too much precision jumping and try try again platforming. I got pissed off quickly with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

L31mr0d wrote:

Wow, a whole 5 minutes??! :eek:

Stick with it, the initial obstacle-course/training is the weakest part, it gets much much better after that. It's still a platformer at the end of the day, so if you have some sort of aversion to that I guess that might put a dampener on things.

L31mr0d wrote:
    It's well worth playing through psychonauts if you have more iq points that fingers and a sense of humour, it's by far the funniest game out there, yeah it's a platformer and it's not the best of those but it's funny and clever and it's got some fantastic level design. If you get as far as lungfishopolis or the milkman level and still don't like it, then just give up.....there's no hope for you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

That was the orphanage!
    There he is, he hates children!

Welcome, fellow road crew worker. We are working on the road crew. It is very hot. Our feet hurt.

And some of those secret agents in the graveyard were sooo funny. "Ah, I see you are in mourning too". "Should I re-marry, or remain faithful to my dead husband?"

Yeah the secret agents were the funniest characters in the game, I was particularly fond of "You better not be after my husband, you tramp" and "I may grow old and lose my looks, but my husband will always appreciate my pies".

When I get back to my place in dubland I'm starting this game again...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I can list them for you. It's an absolute joke. Not sure if they are worth playing. Though. Most of the stuff I haven't played has been bought in sales. There's a big backlog as well since I haven't had much time to play many games at the moment.

"I had to buy them, they were on sale"

<cough>addict<cough>
    tman wrote:
    i've barely touched any other game since starting WoW:(

Correction...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The list of games I havent finished is longer than my arm. The list of games I intend to finish is, well, err, not very long. Perhaps Exit on the PSP - I can fit in a lot of 5 minute levels on a 14 hour flight :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Lets face it, you are either a casual gamer who only owns Need for Speed Underground, Fifa and TombRaider and play about 1hr a week, you could also be a commited gamer who buys for your chosen console a game a month and plays it until you have finished before you buy another or you are like me and find oneself constantly drawn back to Gamestop to buy something else everytime a spare €20 appears in ones wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Well, I would consider myself a casual gamer (although i would play about an hour a day) and have never owned any of those games you mentioned :)

I have Transformers waiting to be played but still playing FFIV (which is buggy as hell). Less time to play now that ive finished with college :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Trauma Centre DS (think i've given up)

Advertisement