Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant access new posts

Options
  • 23-07-2006 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

i cant access new posts can anybody tell me whats wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

When you say you cant access new posts, what do you mean.

Do you click on a new post on the front page and you are presented with a message saying you cannot access this post? Can you provide some more info.

Thanks

V.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I think he means the "new posts" link that's not available to most users temporarily while we restrict the search function, but I'm not sure.

Try http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subbed.php?onlynew=yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

hiscan you do not have permission to access this page this could be due to one of several reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

hiscan wrote:
    hiscan you do not have permission to access this page this could be due to one of several reasons
    Can you paste the link to the page you are trying to access?

when i click on new posts all i get is boardtracker threadsearch with the earliest post being from yesterday ?

• Advertisement

The earliest post would be from yesterday since you were logged in yesterday.

i havent logged in for a week and i still cant access new posts when i click on new posts i get posts from 5 or 6 hours ago whats all that about has boards changed in the last month or so ?????:confused:

how do i subscribe
    when i try to click on the subscribe link it wont let me access

What link are you clicking? What error message are you receiving?

ecksor wrote:
    What link are you clicking? What error message are you receiving?
    the link at the top of the page i go into site map and then to subscribe and then i get the message that i do not have permission to access this page

hiscan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Log Out Home

• Advertisement

I don't see any link marked "site map". What is the URL?

the drop down menu from boards.ie then you go into site map and accross to subscribe

Ok, I think you want to go to your user cp and access "paid subscriptions" from there. The link is this -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/payments.php

well i have just subscribed but still cant access new posts????/

Re-reading this thread, it appears that we still haven't figured out what exactly you were looking for?
    Vexorg wrote:
    When you say you cant access new posts, what do you mean.

What are you clicking? What is the URL?

when i click on new posts at the top of the page all i get is a page loading search results and then posts from 2hrs ago come up and no current posts
    search=site:www.boards.ie&scope=0&order=0
    im not very computer literate but i think this is what u asked me for

It isn't exactly, but that makes it a bit clearer. Ok, so you're not having permissions problems, you're just not happy with the output of the script.

The subscription you paid doesn't change your ability to access the link you clicked on, I'm not sure why you thought it did.

However, it does give you access to the old "new posts" link, which you can access at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?do=getnew

yes thats the page i was looking for but when i go into that link and then click on new posts im back to square 1 do i have to go through this link everytime i want to see new posts?
    i thought by subscribing it meant this page would come back after i seen the gooner had a similar problem which you sorted out for her
    anyway i think a subscription is the least i could do for the service i get on boards

For the time being that link would be the way to access the old "new posts" function. We will return normal search service in a while but we don't have a specific timeframe for that.

ok thanks ecksor you have been very helpful and patient

• Advertisement

ecksor wrote:
    It isn't exactly, but that makes it a bit clearer. Ok, so you're not having permissions problems, you're just not happy with the output of the script.

The subscription you paid doesn't change your ability to access the link you clicked on, I'm not sure why you thought it did.

However, it does give you access to the old "new posts" link, which you can access at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?do=getnew
    this link doesnt work anymore whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's been disabled indefinitely while the speed issues are being sorted out.

Advertisement