Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Mini Manhatten' for D8

Options
  • 23-07-2006 8:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

OMG some loopers are proposing a 49 storey tower for the Liberties. I say they are loopers cause there isnt a hope in hell of this going ahead. Anyway they are going to submit a planning application shortly for the massive development. I hope they do build it cause Dublin should have skyscrapers:D BUT I think the NIMBYism headwreckers will have a field day with this:rolleyes: Anyone here live in the area and would want it to go ahead??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Sometimes with these things they may only be looking to get 25/30 story's,they will submit a planning application for 49 story's a load of people will object then they will come back with a "reduced size" plan for 25/30 story's.

I am not saying this is the case in this instances but its common practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It would not suit the Liberties. A 49 storey building in the Liberties would be totally out of place. The big towers are more suited to the docklands ones that have been proposed and the one near Heuston station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

i also heard something about a 19 storey building in dun laoghaire at the site of where Iceland supermarket was. supposedly they can be considered as they are 'landmark buildings'

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nyc-dublin

i think its funny when any high rise project (in this case 2 high rise buildings) is descibed as 'mini manhattan'
    manhattan has officially over 6000 high rise buildings

i think we have a long way to go
    maybe about 1000 yrs
    but then the world will be a desert a la mad max
    why not compare us to any other city in the world
    because they all have high rise!!

Advertisement