Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do i contact someone

• 23-07-2006 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Right i have a bit of an issue but i promise i'm not a stalker or anything. About six weeks ago i caught a train from Manchester(was there for work) to Glasgow. About an hour into the trip a girl got on, connecting from leeds. She missed her initial train which would have seen her catch the earlier one out of Manchester, but instead got a cconnecting train somewhere north of preston

Anyway, thats not important. What is is that we got to talking and we really really hit it off. We talked about absolutley everything. So much so that i know what her parents and brothers and sisters do. Now i was supposed to be meeting someone in glasgow but the train got stuck behind another for about 1 and a half hours. Which i didn;t mind too much because we were having such a laugh. Thing is she was really good looking. And a couple of times the oppurtunity came up to swap numbers. But i thought i better not as i was going to meet my girlfriend and even if it was totally innocent...that wouldn't be right.

Anyway as we left the trainstation she did say she would love to come to Dubling for a weekend and that we could go for a drink. I said that'd be good but i never gave her my number or asked for hers because i was still tinking of my girlfriend. Thing is i'm now no longer seeing my girlfriend and am wondering if anyone knows how i might get in touch with this Girl? Are there websites or something. I could possibly get in touch with her dad (through a website i know he features on) but i thought that would be alittle weird. Thing is i really did like her and i'm sure she liked me too but i'd hate to think i might have missed an oppurtunity forever.

Can anyone suggest any way i might find this girl? She works in leeds but if from scotland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

google her name, maybe even try bebo, if you know what exactly her siblings do or maybe even know the companies you could contact her through that way? not sure of any sites but i've tracked down people in the past!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bebo (althought I hate it) put me in touch with all of my primary and secondary school friends might work for you, best of luck OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

well if you know where she works, get the doamin name of the company and then just send emails to variations of her name at that domain and see if you get a reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,013 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I sometimes see personal adverts in newspapers from people in similar circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭setanta5

Thanks,

have tried Googling but sadly got loads of matches and none were remotely close....except the one that gave me her dad's details. But i think that would be last resort and if i were her dad i think i would be a little to protective that to pass on the number of a gguy who tracked her down through my contact on the web.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

humm, you may have to chalk this one down to experience.

I hear what your saying about experience fannny, and a female friend of mine says "if it was meant to be" but i don't think that way i'm afraid. Think if i really try to do something about it and get nowhere then i will have no regrets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭RandomOne

Why don't you just ask her Dad to pass on YOUR email address to her, and leave it up to her. Keep it simple, referring to if she does come over, maybe she'd like to meet up or ask about accommodation etc. Up to her then isn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

What have you to lose by askin the dad? Man up and ask him to pass on a message somethin like "i forgot to give so and so my number/contact details could you do me a favour and pass them on to her" etc etc"

Keep it nice and cool dont be like "i wanna have her babies and eat the placenta" kinda keen and i reckon he might pass it on

Better then wonderin what might have been imho

Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

How long ago was this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

How long ago was this?
    setanta5 wrote:
    About six weeks ago

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If you know the name of the company where she works you could try emailing [email]admin@[companyname].co.uk[/email] and asking them to pass your email address to her?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

maybe she doesnt work with her dad?

How long ago was this?
    Why do you ask Chucky?

Sleepy wrote:
    If you know the name of the company where she works you could try emailing [email]admin@[companyname].co.uk[/email] and asking them to pass your email address to her?

Already thought of that but kept bouncing my email back.

thanks anyway

setanta5 wrote:
    Why do you ask Chucky?

Cheers agent smith, should of read it closer.

Well if it was along time ago i would definily leave it. it would be very werid to contact someone after this length of time.

If i was her dad there is no chance i would pass on the email. Would you in his position?

I kept trying to find her for a while and if its definitly the only way then maybe go for it.

did you ring the company she works for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

If i was her dad there is no chance i would pass on the email. Would you in his position?

Why not? It's left up to her then and I'm sure if the OP words it well enough there wouldn't be a problem. An email is hardly going to hurt her.

I would definitely go for it. Send her dad an email and just tell him that you know it'll probably sound very odd but you met his daughter a few weeks ago and didn't get a chance to swap numbers and you would be really grateful if he could pass on your contact details.

If that sounds a bit odd say that you recently lost her contact details but she had told you all about her dad and you figured this would be the best way to go about getting in touch. That way her dad will think she definitely wants to talk to you as opposed to you being some mentalist stalker (which I'm sure you're not) :p

Go for it...she could end up being the love of your life. It'd be quite the story to tell the grankids.

did you ring the company she works for?

Didn't want to call her out of the blue as that is a bit much i think. Would rather pass her an email and let her decidde if she wants to get back in touch. She could be seeing someone for all i know.

Go for it, if it was meant to be, maybe this is your chance?!
    Just say you are a friend of and met herself a few weeks ago and meant to get her number and would love to get in contact with her again. Say ye met on the train and pass on the e-mail address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

You know her name and where she works, so presumably you know where she lives.(The general area) Go on google. Find the local phonebook and look at her name. Then you should get a shortlist of numbers and addresses. Write her a letter. No-one thinks of this anymore.

Calling her is a bit much but asking her dad to pass on hr number so you can drop the hand isnt?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you know where she works, write a letter to her, put it in a sealed envelope, put that in another envelope with a covering letter to the Personnel people and ask them to forward it to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Do whatever you have to to get to her but don't make it sound like you're a freak (like me)! I phoned a number of people in a TV station one time as I met someone one night and due to strange circumstances I couldn't get her number. A friend was speaking to her mate and he knew her mates first name and where she worked. I eventually got on the line to her friend and explained and got the girls number and went out with her. We weren't destined to be together but that's another story!

I think you should try contacting the Dad and say that you met his daughter and wanted to forward on your business details concerning the chat you guys had about product X for example. If he thinks it's to do with business then he may be less suspicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

setanta5 wrote:
    Think if i really try to do something about it and get nowhere then i will have no regrets.

well, that's a great attitude to have. I wish you all the best.

no just asy your name and u would like to get in contact with her, let her do the explaining if it comes to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

You could try calling her office at an unusual time, maybe during lunch-time/late in the evening and when the receptionist tells you she's not there, you could ask for her email address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Sleepy wrote:
    You could try calling her office at an unusual time, maybe during lunch-time/late in the evening and when the receptionist tells you she's not there, you could ask for her email address?
    Oooooh, devious. This is simpilar and easier then mine. Go with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Sleepy wrote:

You dont even have to call at an unusual time...just call reception and ask for her email address, no need to ask to speak to her. I worked as a receptionist before and loads of people do this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Keep us posted OP, hope it works out for ya...

how did this play out???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If all else fails, ask the dad to pass it on. But don't hold your breath. My Da wouldn't. He's very protective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

What?! It's simple! You need to contact her through her dad! It will mean writing the right email but you can be gauranteed that if you do that it'll be cool and he'll certainly tell her. Now what the hell are you waiting for?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

wow. this is so romantic - I wish this kinda thing happened more often. Good luck and hope you get to contact her

Advertisement