Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First timer in Malta... advice?

• 23-07-2006 10:05pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to Malta to learn to scuba dive. Underwater is something I've had a life long fascination with underwater. I had an opportunity to go to Malta and I took it and the chance to learn to dive along with it!

I'm excited but I know bugger all about diving and am going to take the very basic introductory course with an option to go as far as PADI and do some wreck diving.

So, utter n00b here, what pieces of advice and any of you give me??

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭smcmullan

Finding a good dive centre and/or good instructor is paramount. Search the mags and internet for good and bad reviews of the various outfits.

You may be able to negotiate a cheaper price or get a deal on gear hire by taking the full open water diver course plus a couple of additional dives as a qualified diver afterwards with the same outfit.

I'd recommend Meldives in Mellieha by the way

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Try http://www.maltaqua.com

professional outfit with good instructors.

All dives will be from the shore, once you get past the rocks and stones!
    You'll love it.

Email Agnes and ask can you do a Discover Scuba (one dive) and, if you opt for the Open Water course, have the cost of it credited against the course price.
    Doing the Advanced Open Water as an add-on should work out cheaper too.

Remember, when you get back home you can join a club and do a crossover, then training will be less and variety of diving will be more.

Safe Diving,

Seadeuce

Advertisement