Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Q7

Options
  • 23-07-2006 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Saw one the other evening in traffic

I don't really like it. It looks like the new JEEP from behind, and an A8 on stilts with an all round overhang from front and side.

The guy that owns it has plenty of money and traded a 03 Toureg and has an XC90 too, but when there is no necessity in the city why bother?????? 2 especially. If you need space it would seem an MPV would be better

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ninty9er wrote:
    Saw one the other evening in traffic

I don't really like it. It looks like the new JEEP from behind, and an A8 on stilts with an all round overhang from front and side.

The guy that owns it has plenty of money and traded a 03 Toureg and has an XC90 too, but when there is no necessity in the city why bother?????? 2 especially. If you need space it would seem an MPV would be better
    I'm not too gone on them....if I was in the market for a SUV this size, my choice would be a Jeep Grand Cherokee

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

In fairness luxury cars are bought because you can, not becasue they satisfy any practical need. Haven't seen one in the flesh yet, I'm sure it looks like a train engine. Its looks massive (as in huge) in the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

the guy does have a good few kids, they had to buy 2 house and knock into 1

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Audi Q7, VW Toureg and Porsche Cayenne are all the same vehicle under the skin. The VW being the cheapest of the three.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

bazz26 wrote:
    The Audi Q7, VW Toureg and Porsche Cayenne are all the same vehicle under the skin. The VW being the cheapest of the three.

And in Toureg Altitude form, the best looking...

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I think the Toureg just looks all wrong ! Its like a Passat estate on stilts !

Hateful looking !

I haven't seen a Q7 in the flesh but it does look nice from what I've seen !
    I'm not too gone on them....if I was in the market for a SUV this size, my choice would be a Jeep Grand Cherokee

..........nice looking but poxy to drive. I drove one few months back when it came out and was very dissapointed. It is way behind the competition !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

MercMad wrote:
    I think the Toureg just looks all wrong ! Its like a Passat estate on stilts !

Hateful looking !

I haven't seen a Q7 in the flesh but it does look nice from what I've seen !

..........nice looking but poxy to drive. I drove one few months back when it came out and was very dissapointed. It is way behind the competition !

I like the look of the Touareg. I'll reserve judgement on the Q7 until I see one in the flesh. I really don't like the new shape Grand Cherokee, it's like the designer left everything except a ruler at home for a time, the old one looks much nicer IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Saw 2 Q7's in Killarney at the weekend, one black one silver. Silver one was Ok, Black one with big wheels looked fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭qazz

Saw one in Naas. Black one. Nice car but not 4 me. I'll buy one when they are 20 years old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The Toureg is small in comparison. It's a boat with wheels.

I was looking forward to seeing it in the metal but I was sorely disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I saw one on a transporter the other day. I climbed up to have a look but I wasn't that impressed, tbh. It's a bit plain looking, imo. But I reckon its one of those things that might 'grow' on me. I'll reserve final judgement til I drive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I´ve seen a few Q7s knocking around and think they look a bit bloated. On the back of a transporter they look like Free Willy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

el tel wrote:
    I´ve seen a few Q7s knocking around and think they look a bit bloated

A bit bloated? They look like a big glandular problem on wheels - nearly on par with US obese-style SUVs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

unkel wrote:
    A bit bloated? They look like a big glandular problem on wheels - nearly on par with US obese-style SUVs :)

..............seen the Merc "GL" yet ??

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

MercMad wrote:
    ..............seen the Merc "GL" yet ??

I have now unfortunately :(

Similarly obese as the Q7 but way uglier. Manufactured in Alabama which doesn't spell much good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭qazz

it looks a little like Hyunday SantaFe 06...

Advertisement