Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

identity crisis

• 23-07-2006 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21 puppyhead

hi, i think im having an identity crisis. i simply dont know who i am. i am one person around one group of friends and a different person around other groups of friends. im like 5 different people. some people think im really quiet and than others think im really loud.some people think im really intelligent and others think im a bimbo. i dont have a clue as to who i am, which one is the real me. has anybody have any suggestions to help.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You'll find over time. Different people will bring out different sides to you. Enjoy it and ride the wave of it and find yourself slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

All of those people are the real you.

It's hard to act exactly the same around everyone we meet. You can do it to a certain extent,but perhaps not completely.

As long as you are comfortable then it doesn't matter. Variety is the spice of life. As long as you aren't putting on an act around people then it's all good. There are different sides to us all.

"Being yourself" doesn't mean that you can only be one particular kind of person. It means you can be anything you feel like at any given time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I love to chat and have a laugh when I'm out dancing in a club or whatever but apart from that, at work or home I am quite shy and keep to myself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

Not that I know much about this but it sounds as though youre playing up to what you think your friends think of you(if you get me!)...I think thats fairly normal to be honest-theres probably something else bothering you and youre just being paranoid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

nah. when you eventually get real friends, you will be yourself.
    sounds like you think youre inferior to your friends and are changing who you are to be like them(in each group).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 puppyhead

cool, thanks people. think i was being a bit parnoid. i guess there are many sides to everyone and u cant just be the one person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 puppyhead

true, i think i do change myself to fit into each group. the problem is i dont know who i am so i can be myself in each group. which one is the real me. i dont like being quite,id rather be loud and noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

puppyhead wrote:
    true, i think i do change myself to fit into each group. the problem is i dont know who i am so i can be myself in each group. which one is the real me. i dont like being quite,id rather be loud and noticed.
    I know what you mean

Jus ask yourself a few questions

1]Some people say you're loud, others say your quiet:
    How do YOU think you are?

2] Some say you're smart, others say ur stupid, again:
    How do you think you are?

The things you said are just peoples opinions, doesnt make them true

Like me. Im pretty quiet around people I dont know, and loud around my mates

Dont stress over it

As long as ye remember your name your grand :p

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

if u wanna be yourself, be comfortable, give your own opinions etc, if u just go along with the crowd it makes it seem like you're a desperate wannabe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You sound like Shakespeare, "To be or not to be, that is the question?" TBH we all struggle with this question of who we are... It's a life long quest. Part of the human condition.

• Advertisement

I'm exactly the same, thought it was normal TBH. How many people are one dimensional? Surely it's normal for funny people to bring out your funny side and so on. The more comfortable with people you are, the louder and funnier you are usually. As long as you're not consciously changing your personality to fit in with people, what's the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

Listen, Its not just you -- its everybody

The way you behave around someone is exactly the way you think they percieve you...its half to do with "trying to be the person you would like to be" and half to do with "not wanting to dissapoint their expectations of you"

best advice I can give you is read PAUL McKENNAs change your life in 7 days , it will explain everything - this is a big topic in the book

yeah Ive read some of it:o

Advertisement