Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

php mail() function

Options
  • 23-07-2006 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

im trying to get the mail() function working on my apache2.0 server running on window XP home edition, i have php5, so far i think i might have it down to that i still need something like my SMTP isp server to enter it into the php.ini file...where do i get this , or what is it(if i have given it the right name??) and also is there anything else i'd need to get all this to work??

any help please:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Who is your ISP?

You could always install an SMTP server on your machine and point the php.ini file to localhost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nude_hamster

seamus wrote:
    Who is your ISP?

You could always install an SMTP server on your machine and point the php.ini file to localhost.

em any idea how i do that?

You could download a free one - www.hmailserver.com is a full-featured mail server, but you could switch off everything up the SMTP server.

seamus wrote:
    You could download a free one - www.hmailserver.com is a full-featured mail server, but you could switch off everything up the SMTP server.

em i can run my mail() function after i have that set up...if yes what will need to change in the php.ini file??

You'll see a line, not sure where, that allows you to insert the name of the mail server, and the email address that you want the mails to come from.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote:
    You'll see a line, not sure where, that allows you to insert the name of the mail server, and the email address that you want the mails to come from.

ya i assume its the line SMPT =

[mail function]
    ; For Win32 only.
    SMTP = smtp.isp.net

but what do i put in??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

localhost

or

localhost

or

{Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 550 550 Delivery is not allowed to this address. in C:\.....\email3.php on line 14}

that is pointing the mail() function in my php code where i just called it
    [mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);]

Advertisement