Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Arrived... And already a couple of questions.

Options
  • 23-07-2006 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello there,

Long time reader, but have held off on posting much as I wasn't a resident. Although that changed Friday last when we finally got the keys to our "type C".

So just over a week in the neighbourhood and already I have a few questions.

Maybe others here who own similar houses could help me out with two things...

First off - the 4 bed house that adjoins our garden - anyone here have any idea who "owns" the garden side wall of their house? 'n who is responsible for it?, more just wondering if we can put trellis up on it kind of thing - probably more of a question for our solicitor but maybe someone here has already found out,

Secondly - we've just finished tiling the bathrooms and we were going to get one of the site plumbers to put the toilets & sinks back in and raise them and the cisterns up as needed - Anyone any idea how much is the standard cost for getting that job done?

cheers.
    f

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

The wall is party-party wall, you own the side in your garden and the other side own the wall on their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 frugal

Ah ok, Cheers for that, clears up one nagging question, much obliged.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

In the Charlesland Park blocks with duplexes above on one side and apratments below on the other, who owns the bin/storage area underneath the duplex stairs, or is it "common"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

hi - we were told the duplex owns it? Think this is true as ours is empty at the moment, as we have'nt sorted the bins yet. The people in the apt. below us have been there a while and they are not using it? Don't know where theirs is though?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

We were also told the duplex owns it (by the selling agents). However, a friend who is moving into another duplex was told it was shared space between both units. Somehow I can't see someone in the middle of the block dragging their bins all the way around to other side for this, though. (And, almost all the apartments seems to keep their bins near their entrances.

Durkan's are on "builder's holidays" and the foreman isn't sure. I'm surprised the question hasn't come up with them already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

wouldn't have thought you could even get 4 bins in the space anyway? Oh well let us know if you get an answer sometime this year from Durkans :rolleyes:

Advertisement