Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats up with Betfair???

• 23-07-2006 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

HI all!
    put a wager on the Arsenal V Ajax game at the weekend halftime/fulltime and you never guess ,yup I got it up!
    Now betfair are saying that the result could be voided cos they only played 81 mins or so.
    Right so my point is i backed ajax in the 1st half and arsenal in the second no matter how little or long the ref decides to play.
    I presume that the duration of the 1st and indeed 2nd halves would have been discussed prior to the game commencing???
    So why are Betfair surprised by this?
    I am also suprised at betfair as the slight glimmer that i actually win a small wager(2€ @21/1)42 yo yos!
    I mean come on please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

A game has to be 90 minutes long though doesnt it? Also de boer firing his penalty into row Z probaly didnt help. Amazed betfair even offered this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Put it this way, if you'd layed the bet you backed and the ref blew up 9 minutes early would you be happy? No you wouldn't so Betfair have very little choice but to void the market in fairness to all parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

If both managers agree rior to the game the length of the game can be shortened, however both halves have to be of equal length!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Betfair really shouldn't be offering these games, and if/when they do, punters shouldn't be taking chances on them. That said, €2 is hardly taking much of a chance.

Only remotely similar situation is the Inter - Milan Champions League semi last March; all bets were voided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

I am entitled to my winnings,its not the amount thats bothering me its the principle that they think that they can move the goals when it suits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I am entitled to my winnings,its not the amount thats bothering me its the principle that they think that they can move the goals when it suits!

The market was based on 90 minutes being completed. 90 minutes was not completed. There is no principle. Only facts.

If you think your bet shouldn't be void then you really shouldn't be gambling.
    that said betfair took the bet!

Of course they took the bet, at the time they didn't know the event would be void. There have been many events which bets were taken and which turned out void in the past, and sure as hell there will be more in the future.

Once again, if you think your bet shouldn't be void then you really shouldn't be gambling.

Advertisement