Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inserting GIF Files into Outlook Express.

Options
  • 23-07-2006 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know how to insert a .gif file into the body of an email in Outlook Express?

When I try to paste one it appears as a frame with a red X in the corner, but no picture.

I'm not talking about an attachment. I'm looking to have an animated gif file in the body of the email.

Basically, if I copy a gif from the web and paste it directly into the email it works fine.
    But if I save the file to my PC & try to use it at a later date, it won't work.

Can anyone help? :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

its a wierd one,
    open it in a web browser
    from your desktop

right click - open with -
    or just drag it into an open browser window

then copy and paste.

Or if you want to add it to loads of emails, like a signature
    then create a html file with the animated gif and choose
    file as the type of signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Hi whiteshadow & thanks for taking the time to reply.

Unfortunately this does not work for me.
    It used to be the way I done it in the past & it also worked by pasting into MS Word & then copying into the email. Neither work anymore.

The strange thing is that if I copy the .gif directly from a web-page & paste it to the email straight away it works. If I save the file to my PC it will not work from then on no matter what I do.

I wonder if the fact that I have recently installed IE Ver 7 has anything to do with it? :confused:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement