Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Segway

Options
  • 24-07-2006 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Seen a couple of people with them but I wouldn't like to see the price tag. Get in with that family as soon as you can buddy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I priced one a second ago, $5,000 I think it said and thats probably one of the cheaper models. Handy all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Cousin of mine runs a segway store. They are good fun but way to expensive. A different cousin of mine while cruising on one got the wheel stuck against a kerb. The thing flung forward and down to the ground, smashing the thing pretty badly. Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

In Millennium Park in Chicago, the security guards use them to move about. They are wayyy cool - and fast little contraptions! Managed to video one moving about but only a few seconds worth as they moved out of sight so quickly. Do they run on batteries? I know they keep you from falling off via gyroscopes but after that, I've no idea.

• Advertisement

Yep it looks like they run on one big battery. :)
    For commuters, the Segway HT i180 with lithium-ion batteries is an ideal commuting partner. Designed for range up to 24 miles on a single charge, the i180 can readily navigate most urban and suburban environments with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

I saw a guy zipping along on one of these in Melbourne the other day. Looked like great craic altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

byrnefm wrote:
    In Millennium Park in Chicago, the security guards use them to move about. They are wayyy cool - and fast little contraptions! Managed to video one moving about but only a few seconds worth as they moved out of sight so quickly. Do they run on batteries? I know they keep you from falling off via gyroscopes but after that, I've no idea.
    Yeah loved that. Security guards on segwys, which you can easily outrun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lol anytime i see or hear of a segway all i can think of is this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

All I can think of when I hear about segways is this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2989000.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I'd love one, think they are great, also some new models have been announced recently including some new wireless keys etc. They are expensive but considering the daily cost of commuting to work they 'could' pay for themselves in a couple of years.

Cheers
    Howard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

hshortt wrote:
    considering the daily cost of commuting to work they 'could' pay for themselves in a couple of years.

Or you could buy a bike!
    The machine's creator, Dean Kamen, wants to see US Special Forces troops eventually ride Segways into battle.

I think a big hearty LOL will suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Rangers lead the segway!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Brown_Eyed_Girl

Dont forget to check out the Irish link guys :-)

www.segway.ie

There is an Irish distributor

Advertisement