Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the best and cheapest wireless broadband?

• 24-07-2006 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

basically, i'm a student on a student budget so I need cheap broadband! however I don't want something that's gonna cause me endless problems either! does such a wireless broadband product exist?!

what's the best wireless broadband in ireland in your opinion, and the cheapest?

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

:rolleyes:

which is it that you want "the best" or "the cheapest"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

the cheapest is irish broadband i think,or clearwire, but look at ibb on boards .ie, people are saying the service is slow ,unreliable unless you are close,or in line of sight to an aerial, i think the best is vodaphone 3g,40euro a month,if you can set up a router to connect mobile to your pc.IF you are in an area that recieves that service,thats a big if.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

eskimo wrote:
    basically, i'm a student on a student budget so I need cheap broadband! however I don't want something that's gonna cause me endless problems either! does such a wireless broadband product exist?!
    Short answer, no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

YOU can GET NET ACESS ,with ibb , 18euro a month, depending where you are ,ie if you are on top floor of a building facing aerial you may get bband high speed, if you are living at ground floor at rear of building you,ll probably get bad signal,56k per sec, look at ibb site,they have map of aerial locations,are you near aerial, wireless has no contract, if you get bad signal give back the router.its like tv proprogation signal,theres people in kerry behind mountain that cant get rte1 .theres ways of improving the signal,put aerial in window ,facing the aerial,run extended cable back to pc.LIBRARYS HAVE free bband acess.

Advertisement