Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know what really grinds my gears.................

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

kona wrote:
    okay ill give you the tubes coz they are ****, but they do stock michelin and slime tubes.

sombody was complaining about a slime tube, halfords have nothing to do with that prob its the manufacturer of slimes problem, also what psi did you put in the tube??did you check the tyre for sharp pieces before you fitted the tube???did you inflate the tube a little so it doesnt pinch the rim when being fitted?? what condition is your rim tape in?? as i said its not halfords fault.
    slime in tubes is ****ty tbh,way too heavy the strips are better but a bit messier.

It was a Halfords brand slime tube thats why I mentioned Halfords.

I checked the tyre before putting on the new tube as it was a new tyre too.
    Yes I inflated the tyre a little to make sure it was ok and as I said I cycled 20 kms and no problems till the next day.

Still haven't looked at it to see what went wrong yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

ciaran76 wrote:
    It was a Halfords brand slime tube thats why I mentioned Halfords.

I checked the tyre before putting on the new tube as it was a new tyre too.
    Yes I inflated the tyre a little to make sure it was ok and as I said I cycled 20 kms and no problems till the next day.

Still haven't looked at it to see what went wrong yet.

bring it back and buy slime, they are round the same price

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

...when I can't find the droids I'm looking for.... ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I've noticed since I started cycling again how bad people in general are when over-taking cyclists, over 75% of them dont indicate.

Does anyone share my feelings?
    THB it seems that 75% of them don't indicate when using roundabouts either, especially if going straight or left on mini-roundabouts. Something I'd like to see penalty points for since it's such an obvious infraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

THB it seems that 75% of them don't indicate when using roundabouts either, especially if going straight or left on mini-roundabouts. Something I'd like to see penalty points for since it's such an obvious infraction.
    I've been overtaken by motorists who've driven the wrong way round a mini-roundabout after which they've crossed back over to the correct side of the road & forced me to brake as they slowed down just in front of me to turn left. Oh, and they weren't indicating. With the number of infractions there, I'd say that 6 penalty points would have been worked up in as many seconds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement