Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car radio question?

Options
  • 24-07-2006 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    i just bought a car radio for a Fiat Seicento off a friend. I'm talking here about just the cover thing tat you clip in place, not the whole back panel part. Would anybody know what price these would normally sell at, because i got it of him for free and want to give him a bit of cash for it? i couldn't find where to but them on the interweb so i don't know what price they normally go for?
    Also, should one take these radio covers off before leaving the car parked somewhere? are they prone to getting nicked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭fletch

Giruilla wrote:
    Also, should one take these radio covers off before leaving the car parked somewhere? are they prone to getting nicked?
    Most definitely...not sure what the front of the radio would cost? What model is it? Is it just the standard Blaupunkt that you get with the Seicentos? If so I wouldn't imagine any more than €20 as a thank you gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Giruilla wrote:
    Hi,
    i just bought a car radio for a Fiat Seicento off a friend. I'm talking here about just the cover thing tat you clip in place, not the whole back panel part.

Why did you get just the front plate off him?you realise there not interchangeable with different radios so to speak?

Most definitly take it off with you too,even if its a non expensive radio,once a thief sees its a cd player he'l know he can get a few quid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

he had a seicento too, i just got his cover off him cause he's ugrading to a cd player. Mines just a tape recorder. You sure 20€ would be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭fletch

Giruilla wrote:
    he had a seicento too, i just got his cover off him cause he's ugrading to a cd player. Mines just a tape recorder. You sure 20€ would be enough?
    Are you sure his cover will work with your unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

fletch wrote:
    Are you sure his cover will work with your unit?

I've already tried it and it works! What do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I reckon a second hand tape unit is worth about 30 quid, therefore the cover is worth about a tenner. its not much good to him anyway

Advertisement