Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan people - recommend a driving instructor?

Options
  • 24-07-2006 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I was due to sit my test in Navan but the 5 month waiting list for a cancellation alone has meant I'm going to be doing it in Cavan town in the next 3-4 weeks.

Can anyone suggest a decent driving instructor in the town so I can get in some pre-test lessons? (Ideally I need weekend lessons but I'm sure my employers will allow me some mornings off seeing as they're pushing for me to get a full license. :) ) I'll be trying goldenpages & 11850.ie shortly if there are no suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sparkulicous

When i was doing my test i used the cavan school of motoring. You'll get their number on goldenpages.ie. They're local instructors and they will take you through the possible routes that are normally used for the test itself.

They used to give lessons on the weekends but it's been a few years since i used them so i don't know if they've changed.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Deirdre McNeill, I got her before my exams and she was great. Really helped me get through my test... If you pm me I will give you her number.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 supergirl2

hadook wrote:
    I was due to sit my test in Navan but the 5 month waiting list for a cancellation alone has meant I'm going to be doing it in Cavan town in the next 3-4 weeks.

Can anyone suggest a decent driving instructor in the town so I can get in some pre-test lessons? (Ideally I need weekend lessons but I'm sure my employers will allow me some mornings off seeing as they're pushing for me to get a full license. :) ) I'll be trying goldenpages & 11850.ie shortly if there are no suggestions.

I would not suggest Cavan School of Motoring because you are not guarnteed to have the same instructor each time. I passed my test after lessons with Noreen o'Reilly and her husband, they have since expanded (O'Reilly's driving school) but i recommend her 110%, try and get her or her husband. They are great in the respect that if they deem you competent and you do not pass they will go in and ask why you were failed. She is a great laugh and you will feel totally at home in her company. 049 4362448 is the number, please check you have the right no though but i am nearly sure it is the correct one

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Went with Cavan School of Motoring in the end & passed my test this morning (first time!) :D

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Congrats, well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 supergirl2

Congrats! That's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Congrats! What was the test route like, its a small enough town nice for a driving test. Was the traffic heavy?

Advertisement