Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol Safes

Options
  • 24-07-2006 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any gunshops selling safes specifically for pistols? Was talking to my local FO last week, and she suggested getting one of these rather than hitting B&Q for one. There's only one shop I know of that has them, but he's having difficulity replenishing his stock at the moment.....

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I have definitely seem some in Hilltop (Newtownmountkennedy) and I'm pretty sure Alex in Outdoor Hobby (Leixlip) would stock them too.
    If you live on the northside a trip to Ardee Sports would probably also bear fruit.

Or of course, you could ring around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Iv seen them in most Firearms dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The funny thing is, I'm not sure the BS standard gun cabinets have as high a level of security as the hardware shop safes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭You

civdef wrote:
    The funny thing is, I'm not sure the BS standard gun cabinets have as high a level of security as the hardware shop safes!
    That's the thing. I thought I'd be proactive and get advice from the Gardai first, and this was the direction I was given. To be honest, the garda I spoke to, seemed to have zero knowledge on the topic..... Has anyone ever being refused an application on the grounds of an "INADEQUATE / UNSUITABLE SAFE"?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

They turn up on ebay from time to time, or if you fancy a trip over the border every NI dealer has them, they range about £70-£100 stg new, £40-50 on ebay

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There's a dealer in Bray called Pat something or other and he had them yesterday.There's no reason why the ones in b&Q wouldnt work a s well,they're not going to be easy to cut into and as long as they're bolted to a concrete wall they should comply.

Whats the price of a good 3-4 rifle safe that also has a compartment for a pistol?

I have a seen a couple of ones in Germany (Frankonia) that has a small pistol safe built in to a rifle safe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

About 300 or 400

Advertisement