Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frogs!

Options
  • 24-07-2006 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭

I was refilling a pond in my garden last night, and I noticed a rahter large frog sitting on the side of the pool. Not wanting to hurt or scare it, I moved the flow of water to the other side. Next thing, he plops into the water, and apepars right under the pouring water and sits there looking all happy. Then another one appeared and the two of them just sat there looking chuffed with themselves. These are big things as well, maybe 7 inches from front to back. They're quite a dark green and have a kind of marble effect in their skin with lighter green color through it. They didnt seem to be afraid of people at all.

I am happy to see them, coz I think frogs are cool little yokes, but just wondering, are any species poisonous in Ireland? I have two dogs in the garden who dont have any access to the pond, but just in case one of them jumps out to the dogs, I want to make sure it wont make the dog sick. Are there any potential problems with frogs, like perhaps a swarm of them taking over? Also, is there anything I should do to make them confortable, presuming they are harmless?

thanks

Comments

Advertisement