Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C++ Reading from a browser window?

Options
  • 24-07-2006 10:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    With C++, is it possble to read a line of text from an IE window?
    I've sent a command to a server in the address bar of IE, and I've got a single line of text in response - what's the easiest way to import this to a program?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I think you are making this project overly complicated. This is your third post about the project. If you describe the whole project and then ask a specific question you might get more help.

I think that this post is similar to the earlier one about Opening a web page in C++.
    I think that the Windows Internet functions will help you.

The HTTP sessions topic seems to demonstrate how to call a URL and read the returned data (all done without opening IE).

The docs aren't the clearest but I'm sure that you can search the web for example code.
    I have some old code that downloaded a page if you are stuff. IIRC it used these functions, but it's been a while.

It sounds like you control the URL you are going to call. You could consider not returning any data but return a different HTTP status code instead of true or false. Maybe 200 for true and 204 for false.

Advertisement