Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost baggage - AerLingus

Options
  • 24-07-2006 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hi typical lost baggage situation, what happens now?

It was with AerLingus from Barcelona to Dublin direct. We landed at 2pm yesterday so technically the bag has been missing for 20 hours now.. they said that it would 90% be guaranteed on either of the two following flights that were leaving yesterday. So obviously there has been no word - therefore I can presume that the bag is gone.

I have a number and a reference number which I will use in a bit - I just wanted to know what is the 'most savy' way of going about this. I can imagine that they'd offer compo of like €200 or something paltry like that. I'm not looking to extort, but I do want either my stuff back or the exact value of what was lost.

Please help..

Depressed :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Most luggage is eventually found but it can take weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Most luggage is eventually found but it can take weeks.

I could actually believe that.. but what do I do for the intervening weeks? Is there not a cut off time limit - like if after 2 days we do not find your baggage then we'll compensate you. I want to go to them with as much info as possible, so sorry if I'm asking stupid ass questions

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

connundrum wrote:
    I could actually believe that.. but what do I do for the intervening weeks? Is there not a cut off time limit - like if after 2 days we do not find your baggage then we'll compensate you. I want to go to them with as much info as possible, so sorry if I'm asking stupid ass questions

:o

I don't think that they would provide compensation until they have exhausted all avenues. You could give them a call 'off the record' as it were and ask them. Also I'm sure there are quite a few AL staff on boards who will know more.

(You may be more successful if you post in the Travel forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I think AL have an automated lost baggage system. You dial up and enter in ur ref number. It will give you the latest update as to the status of ur luggage. Prob best way of finding it. And as you said urslef luggage only gone 20 hours, bit premature to be talking compo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I thought all airlines had a sliding scale of compensation for lost and delayed luggage. Within 24 hours they give you enough to buy toiletries, after that they give you enough for one change of clothes, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Buceph wrote:
    I thought all airlines had a sliding scale of compensation for lost and delayed luggage. Within 24 hours they give you enough to buy toiletries, after that they give you enough for one change of clothes, etc.

i think thats cc companys ..i.e. if you buy your ticket using a credit card..automatically provide cover..

Advertisement