Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What has happened to Trim?

Options
  • 24-07-2006 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if I'm just getting old, or has anyone else noticed that Trim seems to be getting quieter by the week?

I moved to Trim nearly 3 years ago (BOOOO!! Blow in!! :) ) and there was great craic in nearly all the pubs in the town. In recent months though, it seems like everyone has abandoned Trim pubs for pastures new. Is everyone going to Navan now instead or is the off license just cleaning up?

Also, anyone else hear that the Emmett Tavern is closing down, and I even heard a rumour that its to be demolished? Shame, depsite the fact that there's never anyone there, it was always my favourite pub. I presume that its because of the new street or square behind it that backs onto the new Trim Castle hotel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I think the old good weather and off license combo is hurting the pubs.

Personally i love going out on the lash, but equally you can't beat having a bbq with a load of mates round too

Advertisement