Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Map Updates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

eirlink wrote:
    Well,got the Q2 2006 maps Friday and there is one addition to the mapping that i`ve noticed which is the inclusion of the Bundoran bypass.

Is there any sign of them having filled in the huge area of missing coverage in Dublin 15? The area I'm talking about is essentially everything between the Blanchardstown Centre and the Ongar/Little Pace estates, including important through-routes like the ones from Clonsilla to Clonee and Hollystown to Kilbride.

Dermot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

mackerski wrote:
    Is there any sign of them having filled in the huge area of missing coverage in Dublin 15? The area I'm talking about is essentially everything between the Blanchardstown Centre and the Ongar/Little Pace estates, including important through-routes like the ones from Clonsilla to Clonee and Hollystown to Kilbride.

Dermot
    I think the Area you are talking about is including in a jpeg attached to this post. I am also curious if there is a road going over the railway tracks from Riverwood the small circle and an area called riverwood present on the map?

Colly wrote:
    I think the Area you are talking about is including in a jpeg attached to this post. I am also curious if there is a road going over the railway tracks from Riverwood the small circle and an area called riverwood present on the map?

Your map does include the bit I'm referring to, but the missing data goes some way outside the areas you've marked. ISTM that when the original Dublin coverage was being "completed", this part was considered countryside, and when they filled in the countryside later it was forgotten.

Dermot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

gagga wrote:
    Eirlink. Thanks for that.

Is it a unit you would recommend?

I hear that the Fermoy by-pass is not on the map for Ireland, is this the case?

Afraid so...Im not familiar with Fermoy too well so have a look for yourself
    Id reccommend the Airis T920,for lots of reasons.One feature i like is the ability to enter my own POI`s (points of Interest).using this feature you can enter Gatso speed camera sites and the unit will prompt you as you approach them with a sound and on screen flashing symbol.All legal and above board.No good for the mobile cams though.

fermoy.jpg

mackerski wrote:
    Your map does include the bit I'm referring to, but the missing data goes some way outside the areas you've marked. ISTM that when the original Dublin coverage was being "completed", this part was considered countryside, and when they filled in the countryside later it was forgotten.

Dermot

Dermot
    Youre correct in assuming that this was rezoned land at time of "one " survey and thus was not mapped as there were no roads to drive on.However updates will have picked up on this.I believe this area is mapped but as i dont know it you will have to excuse me if im wrong.I base this on the maps i`ve just looked at, a screenshot below ....

If you PM me with addresses i will do a search and if it returns a hit then its mapped!!

ongar.jpg

• Advertisement

Colly wrote:

Colly
    It would appear there is a road crossing the railway line:) :):) sorry 2 in fact.its getting too late for this.

riverwood.jpg

mackerski wrote:

Dermot

Dermot
    Again im not familiar with the area but it does have mapping for an area between allendale and mountainview ...

allendale-mountainview.jpg

eirlink wrote:
    Dermot
    Again im not familiar with the area but it does have mapping for an area between allendale and mountainview ...

allendale-mountainview.jpg

Well, it was hard to tell anything from those other screenshots, but that last one shows some big progress. The Ongar Road is present, as is the road linking Blanchardstown Road South to Carpenterstown over the canal and railway.

Any chance you could check for the existence of Tory Square (on the side of Blanchardstown Hospital)?

Dermot

mackerski wrote:
    Well, it was hard to tell anything from those other screenshots, but that last one shows some big progress. The Ongar Road is present, as is the road linking Blanchardstown Road South to Carpenterstown over the canal and railway.

Any chance you could check for the existence of Tory Square (on the side of Blanchardstown Hospital)?

Dermot

Dermot
    Its difficult to post the screenshots to show the level of detail required when im not familiar with the area,mostly due to fact that as you zoom out to include a wider area of map you lose the street names /text etc.

I have searched for tory square and its not returning anything so from that i take it its not mapped.
    there is a feedback link on navteq website to report errors / unmapped areas so if you would like to submit this info to them it should be included in an upcoming map update.

Eirlink

eirlink wrote:
    Dermot
    Its difficult to post the screenshots to show the level of detail required when im not familiar with the area,mostly due to fact that as you zoom out to include a wider area of map you lose the street names /text etc.

That's no bother - you've done me a big favour by confirming that the missing data have been added. I've been eagerly anticipating this.

Dermot

• Advertisement

Thanks Eirlink for confirming navteq are doing a good job at staying up with the building of new estates. Here is hoping they use the Q2 2006 maps in garmins new map release in version 9 coming soon. But I suspect they will go for the cheaper Q1.

If you have time, and at the risk of your head melting doing screen shots, can you check for an area called Woodbrook Hall, just off the Riverwood Road in Carpenterstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gagga

eirlink wrote:
    Afraid so...Im not familiar with Fermoy too well so have a look for yourself
    Id reccommend the Airis T920,for lots of reasons.One feature i like is the ability to enter my own POI`s (points of Interest).using this feature you can enter Gatso speed camera sites and the unit will prompt you as you approach them with a sound and on screen flashing symbol.All legal and above board.No good for the mobile cams though.

fermoy.jpg

Thank you for that recommendation. I will certainly be checking this out.

Colly wrote:
    Thanks Eirlink for confirming navteq are doing a good job at staying up with the building of new estates. Here is hoping they use the Q2 2006 maps in garmins new map release in version 9 coming soon. But I suspect they will go for the cheaper Q1.

If you have time, and at the risk of your head melting doing screen shots, can you check for an area called Woodbrook Hall, just off the Riverwood Road in Carpenterstown.

Hi Colly,
    I like bringing good news and helping out ....even if the technology wrecks my head at times..

Anyway,the good news continues YES Woodbrook hall IS mapped.See below!!

woodbookhall.jpg

eirlink wrote:
    Hi Colly,
    I like bringing good news and helping out

Sound as a pound, impressed with Navteq as they seem to be fully commited to 100% coverage or as close to as practically possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

I see city navigator europe version 8 has disappeared from the garmin map updates page http://www.garmin.com/unlock/update.jsp Hopefully this means the new version will be available soon.

Strasser wrote:
    I see city navigator europe version 8 has disappeared from the garmin map updates page http://www.garmin.com/unlock/update.jsp Hopefully this means the new version will be available soon.
    Hopefully as I would say they are loosing revenue to route 66 as they have utilised the new maps for some time now. Even if people don't purchase route 66 devices it is negative press to remain out of the picture in a country in Europe when it comes to national coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

just got a price this afternoon from Deevys Motor Accessories in Clonmel.....400.000 euros!!!! for the nuvi 310.

iceage wrote:
    just got a price this afternoon from Deevys Motor Accessories in Clonmel.....400.000 euros!!!! for the nuvi 310.
    You can get it delivered to your house online for 420 and this one includes the european maps not just Ireland and UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Anyone know where I can get maps for the Goodmans GNAV 10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Colly wrote:
    You can get it delivered to your house online for 420 and this one includes the european maps not just Ireland and UK.
    surely thats not the nuvi 310

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote:
    Anyone know where I can get maps for the Goodmans GNAV 10?
    Yep make a new thread to ask question in, as this thread states Garmin map updates. Besides mixing up people you may get an answer quicker that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭landlord

I bought a Garmin 300 today the 23rd Dec and not sure whether it came with the version 9 already preloaded.
    How do you tell what version you have?
    Also on the Garmin website I tried to see if there were any relevant map updates and it said there were not. So maybe the latest version is in the new units???

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭landlord

Just an update. The Nuvi 300 i bought yesterday from DID electrical has version 9 included.....
    I found the version in settings, map, map info and it had a tick by city navigation Europe NT v9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 focusman

Just wondering has anyone here received their v9 update DVD yet? Ordered mine mid December but it has not arrived yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

Ordered mine around Dec19th, no sign yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've 4 ordered since December 15th, no sign of them yet at all.

ned78 wrote:
    I've 4 ordered since December 15th, no sign of them yet at all.
    I ordered around the same date and before Christmas got an email saying they had problems with there DB and requested me to order the disk again. I think there were problems in ordering it when I did originally as I had to coax it along to get to the right page to order the disk. I ordered again but no sign of it either, called the support line today and she said they have them in now, when I called before Christmas they hadnt them in. So just a waiting game now, up to you if you want to order another disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rushbrook

Hi ,
    I ordered mine around the same time as everyone else here

I got this by e-mail on the 13th Dec:

Thank you, for completing GARMIN's MapSource update Disk order process!

Your order ID is: <ID>

Your Disk should arrive within 7 - 10 business days via First Class Mail as soon as it is available and ships.

Information about the Disk you ordered:
    MapSource Product: City Navigator Europe NT v9 Deluxe Unlock
    Version #: 9.00
    Release Date: 9/1/2006

-- will update this thread when I do get it

I called them on the 28th Dec and they said they had just got them in so with the Chrimbo post in mind I am going to give them another 10days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

I see that ye are getting updates to City Navigator V9 on earler version that ye already own, but i am wondering where can i buy the full version of City Navigator v 9, as i have no earlier version..

Advertisement