Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home cinema setup - missing anything?

• 24-07-2006 11:03am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hoping to change my home entertainment setup soon and thought I’d do a prelimanry check to see if I’m forgetting anything.

I’m hoping to get a 42” Philips plasma screen which has 2 HDMI connections along with a 3ms response time. This should come in for around €1,900 with a stand. Specs here

I’m hoping to retain my existing 5.1 Sony player as I’m happy with its sound output Specs here. Unfortunately it only has scart for video output so I was planning to buy this Sony HDMI player which also has component output Specs here. I then plan on linking this via the digital analogue output to my existing player for sound. This player is around the €140 mark.

Obviously not wanting to spend too much, but I think this setup should do the job and remain somewhat up to date for the future. Anything I’m missing?

Advertisement