Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much do you spend on clothes a month?

• 24-07-2006 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Just want to know how much everyone spends on clothes monthly? I'd literally spend everything spare I have but at the mo that's only about €150 a month. people might be a bit biased cos this is the fashion/ appearance forum! Also what's the most you ever spent on something? and was it a good investment. I think the most I ever spent on one thing was €179 on a Pucci scarf (although I may have bought dresses for more) on ebay, I haven't even worn it yet but I will!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Bought a Hugo boss suit which cost me the guts of 900 euro. probably the most expensive single clothes purchase I have made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Whirl

spent 5000 euro in 2 weeks before on clothes only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Whirl wrote:
    spent 5000 euro in 2 weeks before on clothes only

*spits out tea* You must have an extensive wardrobe or just expensive taste?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Probably about 2 or 3 ton, but with the sales this month, probably about 5 or 6. Also spend about a grand in Italy once a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Whirl

expensive taste :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I'm not sure what my monthly average spending would be as I tend to not do any clothes shopping for months and then have a little splurge (of around €100 - €150), usually when the sales are on as I'm a bit of a cheapskate. I probably spend more on accessories than I do on clothes (handbag addiction!) and I recently spent a ridiculous amount of money on a pair of Chanel sunglasses, but they're a sort of present to myself as it's my birthday next week and I'm only going to be 30 once! As long as I get a lot of wear out of them I'll consider them a good investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

About €20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

:) and you're always wearing really nice sounding clothes on the what are you wearing thread

I'd spend maybe 50 a month on average but now that I'm working it might increase...

I have the problem of not liking allot of clothes and being picky so it's a rare thing if I buy something I like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nightwish wrote:
    About €20.

Thats more around my price region.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

well some months i could spend nothing..
    other months i might spend 200-300 i guess.
    i'm a single mother , so there are things alot more important than clothes for myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I buy a lot of my clothes in Penneys (skirts/vest tops etc) and anything extravagant (like my DV's which cost me a whopping €80) occurs once, maybe twice a year and I'll wear them until they fall apart. I've a pair of Buffalo runners which cost me €100 but are 4 years old and I still wear them 4-5 times a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Probably about €100-150 a month. I really shouldn't though. Spent 95 in Penneys today becuase I'm going on holidays next week (just had to get that in) Yay for Penneys!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nothing a month, I buy clothes when I need them and shoes when my shoes have too many holes in them for me to wear them. If I see something I love though I will buy it, particularily trousers, shirts and tshirts.
    I will spend as much as I have, I'm kinda like that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I've no real idea, I don't buy clothes on a monthly basis. If I need or want new clothes, then I'll go out and buy them. I'm just making a pretty random guess off the top of my head here but I'd say, on average, that I spend about 80-100 euro a month on clothes.

I try not to spend too much on them though, it's money better spent on drinking I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

When I was working, I was probably spending between €70 - €300 a month on average. The odd month I wouldn't buy anything, but other months I might buy a fair bit.
    But now that I'm not working, haven't bought anything :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

some months loads - other months nothing. Buy all my basics in penneys, buy lots v cheap online on uk websites as it doesnt cost as much and even though teh exchange rate is bad I still find it costs less. I also like shops like h&m and tally weijl. (shops here are a bot of a rip off) and then most other shops I just shop in when theres sales on (topshop, river island, ms selfridge - all extortionate except in the sales). you dont have to spend a fortune to look good. I spend more on my face and hair then I ever do on clothes - why pay loads on an item of clothing you might were twice when you were your skin and hair every day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

What sites do you buy clothes off??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

about €200 a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Averages at about €400 a month. Marc Jacobs handbag most single expensive item -SOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i dont spend a certain amount each month...i was in new york at christmas and spend round 2000 on clothes so itll do me till maybe august then ill spend in spain..i have 1000s worth of bags,but i like accesories.

my fav is www.asos.com
    I've spent a fortune here in the last few months but i've gotten some great stuff usually, I can spend anything from 200-500 a month, Depending on how much i sneak past my parents or can fit in the wardrobe on any particular day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

200-500 monthly usually but for special stuff would splash out more.

Paid 1400 for a suit in May and 700 for a coat last month.*

*crosses fingers and prays that the wife is not reading forum*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

Wish I was your wife if you have money like that spare, as long as you spent some of your hard earned cash on me 2 I'd be cool about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

buy clothes when i need them, there maybe one month a year where i'd go near €300 but that would include shoes at 1/3 of that budget...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I spent about €20 on clothes in the past 2 and half months. There you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

I'd go along with that, not a priority for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Oooh I like http://www.hottopic.com/ and I just topped up my 3v.

Can you definitely order from Ireland

And dilute me clothes dosh even more?...nah :)
    Wish I was your wife if you have money like that spare, as long as you spent some of your hard earned cash on me 2 I'd be cool about it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭watersprings

I would say I have been spending about 800eur recently - I lost about a stone around Christmas time and ever since I can't stop buying new clothes.. this is a problem which is never covered in magazines...!!! "How to avoid over spending after you drop a dress size!!"

Jaysus, I wish I coud lose weight at christmas.....
    I would say I have been spending about 800eur recently - I lost about a stone around Christmas time and ever since I can't stop buying new clothes.. this is a problem which is never covered in magazines...!!! "How to avoid over spending after you drop a dress size!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭watersprings

It's not a regular occurence, trust me... lost it over Nov/Dec/Jan... and not purposely.. but I'm not complaining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

About €150 - €200 a year. I hate clothes shopping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

If you've lost a dress size, well done, don't stop spoiling yourself! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Well, in the past 2-3 months I have been averaging 250-300Eur a month but like a previous poster I lost a lot of weight (especially on my bottom, I lost a stone in weight) so none of my clothes fit me. I would normally spend on average 175 eur a month (though that is averaged out over the year, I would go by for months without spending anything and then spend up to 500 Eur in a month).

• Advertisement
Advertisement