Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio ad for the Dundrum town-centre...

Options
  • 24-07-2006 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me the name of the song they use in the radio ad for the dundrum town centre?? It's class, and I heard it once before, but I don't have a clue.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭Archeron

Zulu wrote:
    Can anyone tell me the name of the song they use in the radio ad for the dundrum town centre?? It's class, and I heard it once before, but I don't have a clue.

Thanks in advance...

I'm glad you asked that, I'm dying to find out too. I've been humming it all weekend. doo doo de doo........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I haven't heard to the ad, so I can't help you. On the centre itself it must hold a record for being the biggest shopping centre in the country with nothing in it. It is a heaven for women and transvestites, as it is mostly women's clothes shops. It needs a lot more variety of shops than it has. It is a big disappointment. Maybe that is why they need ads to promote it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

it ain't no disappointment to me!! ....then again i am a woman.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Flukey wrote:
    I haven't heard to the ad, so I can't help you.

This would have been the perfect place to stop talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

TimAy wrote:
    This would have been the perfect place to stop talking.
    :D Thanks for a laugh on a Monday! Quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Flukey wrote:
    On the centre itself it must hold a record for being the biggest shopping centre in the country with nothing in it. It is a heaven for women and transvestites, as it is mostly women's clothes shops. It needs a lot more variety of shops than it has.

Its on a par with Grafton Street and all major shopping districts, which is what, it itself, the town centre is. There'll always be a dominating emphasis on women's clothing becuase its the biggest market, followed by mens clothing. The rents are too high in the centre for people to be selling lower value goods that would add variety to the shopping, like stationery and certain electrical appliances in high enough numbers. They are just responding to the market.

As for there being not much in it, this is strangely true. I could wander only come out with a coffee... maybe there's too much choice that it just makes choosing dificult:confused: <---- My shopping face

Thanks for the insightful explanation of economics, and it's effect on the commercial distribution of retail outlets in an urban arena

...but you wouldn't happen to know the name of the song? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Oh Yes. But its a secret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think it's by a bloke called Manu Chao - either it's the original or a rip-off (you know the way that's sometimes done for ads - Clerys uses a tune which is clearly based on La Femme D'Argent by Air but isn't actually it). But yeah, Manu Chao's your man. Don't know the name of it though.

Thanks a million Dudess, I'll have a poke around for his stuff.

Still hoping someone will come back with a song title though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Whatever it is I bet it's nowhere near as good as the Northside Shopping Centre tune.

:D Nutgrove all the way! And Wilton in Cork - "Wi-ilton Centre - the very best of everything..."

Northside. Dun-dun. Northside. Dun-dun. The great big shopping center.

...class

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

you should be able to have a listen to some clips of his songs here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

It's Manu Chao - Bongo Bong. From the album Clandestino.

BUT, I agree with a previous poster that if you listen closely, it just sounds like a reproduced version, not the original. I've only heard the ad once or twice.
    If this is the case, I really don't know how they're allowed do it, and if they do have to seek permission (which they must) then I dont get why they dont just use the original. A financial thing, perhaps, I've really no idea. But that's definitely the track anywya.

There was an ad for harpic or some toilet cleaning product a while back on TV and it was a rip-off of Hotel Yorba! It was about 90pc the same, with some very slight changes. Odd.

Yeah, it's regularly done and it just sounds lame.

roxy wrote:
    It's Manu Chao - Bongo Bong. From the album Clandestino.
    Thanks a million roxy and Dudess. Got the track last night, will invest in the album today. Nice one!:D

Good call. A class tune indeed and so summery - perfect right now!

...anyone care to rate the album before I buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

from AH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

ta eamo.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭maxpower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m7hxzwW0qw&feature=related

heres a link to the vid on you tube.

ive been looking for this song for awhile aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Looks like Robbie Williams covered it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Zulu wrote: »
    Northside. Dun-dun. Northside. Dun-dun. The great big shopping center.

...class

Zulu...it's clearly:

Northside...(boing) Northside..(boing)...the great, great shopping centre...

:D

I don't suppose anybody has a recording of it...?

Advertisement