Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Questions about Peugeot 206

Options
  • 24-07-2006 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Got a '99 206 GLX a few months ago and have a few questions.

When I got the car the stereo stopped working and was replaced with a different model.

There is a cd changer in the boot, and this along with the stick at the steering wheel for controlling the stereo and the display on the top of the dash don't work now. Is there a way of finding out whether they have stopped working or are just not connected to the "new" stereo? If I knew they worked I'd go and buy a new stereo that I could use with them, but if they don't work any more then that would just be a waste of money!

I'm technical enough in other areas, but not very adventurous when it comes to my one and only car!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Unless its a peugeot unit in the dash, chances are the controls or display wont work. Sure, there are a few headunits compatable with the 206, but i´ll bet that this is an aftermarket CD player and isn´t fully compatable with the car

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andrea

I kinda realised that, but I don't want to go spending money on a unit that is compatible with these things only to find out that they don't work anyway! Wanted to know if there's a way of testing whether they are operational first.

A Peugeot garage put in the one that's there now but even if it is Peugeot compatible I don't think it's compatible with these extras. My mechanic handled that for me before I bought the car so it was out of my hands.

Advertisement