Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to beat Brazil?

Options
  • 24-07-2006 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Me & My friend have an ongoing series of 1v1's in pro. I stormed ahead when we began being 9 - 4 up. Now he i salways Brazil and has married the skills of Ronaldinho, Ronaldo & Adriano perfectly!

He seems to be able to skip through my defence with ease and he isn't better than me. I need help!

I am a good passer of the ball but I prefer to run at defences rather than pick out people with crosses or passes, what team and formation would be the best for my problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Spain are quite nicely the anti-Brazil in PES5 (which is what I'm guessing you're playing?). Very organised and a solid defensive midfield and defence even with the default formation.
    Up front you have the height in centre you need to bombard them aerialy and the pace on the wings to run at them. Any time anyone online picks Brazil I pick Spain (or Denmark if I'm feeling like more of a challenge), you can frustrate the ball runners with them quite easily and they have a bit more depth in their attacking options than Italy do.

An alternative if you want more of a challenge would be to pick Denmark.They have a decent default formation and good defensive players, along with pace out wide and a good front man in Tomasson. Problem here is that if Tomasson is out of form, you're kind of knackered. Still, I enjoy beating Brazil using them, satisfaction is better then when using one of the bigger nations, and you just know the other guy is fuming. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

This is gonna sound strange but i find ireland a good team to beat brazil! If ya change their formation to a flat 4-4-2 and dont try to play overly fancy football i can usually beat anyone online. Bring on Harte at left back as he is class at set pieces.

Give it a shot, just play a simple passing game and dont run the pitch and you should be suprised. Make sure to change to a flat 4-4-2!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Dave6195 wrote:
    This is gonna sound strange but i find ireland a good team to beat brazil! If ya change their formation to a flat 4-4-2 and dont try to play overly fancy football i can usually beat anyone online. Bring on Harte at left back as he is class at set pieces.

Give it a shot, just play a simple passing game and dont run the pitch and you should be suprised. Make sure to change to a flat 4-4-2!!!!!

That's the formally to beat overly attacking sides , I remember beating Barcelona with Birmingham a while ago . I was solid and despite his pressure he just couldn't break me down and I made good chances and finished them 3-0 final score . You just know people are thinking wtf :confused: when they get beat by such an inferior side and just not being able to break them down .

Advertisement