Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female dog marking territory!

Options
  • 24-07-2006 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

My 5 year old German Shepherd (Female) insists on marking her territory about 20 times during our daily walk. She actually cocks her leg.

My question is, I thought only male dogs did this? Ive never heard of bitches doing it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Nope, dominant females do it too - my BooMonster does it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Lexie

Interesting! And she is the dominant one of my two females.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

We've got three dogs;
    One castrated male, he marks his territory(garden) and also marks on the outside, but not overly so.

One intact female, she doesn't mark at all, she just pees when she has to

One intact female, she doesn't mark around the house, but on walks she marks every blade of grass

As far as the "pecking order" goes the last female seems to be bottom of the rung.

Now make of that what you will ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Lexie

All of our dogs (Male & Female) are neutered. Like yours peasant she doesnt mark in our garden, just everywhere else.

Well at least that matter is cleared up. I thought she was going through an identity crisis. :D

Advertisement