Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a package

• 24-07-2006 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've just moved into a new house and I need to buy a TV system. I'm thinking of going for a 26/27' or a 32' LCD and a DVD recorder or maybe a Hard Drive recorder. The room is only 13 by 11 feet so a 26 inch tv might be big enough. I was thinking of spending €1500 to €2000. I will only use it for TV and DVD's. I would also be interested in a home cinema system with built-in dvd recorder. Are these available?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 robert9

It can never be big enough go for a 32" Sharp make nice LCDs but Samsung is very good too and they have one on a revolving stand which could be useful, you can angle it. I'd buy an LG they're part of Philips and make really good stuff, the same item with a Philips tag is more expensive. Get the highest contrast ratio you can bigger number is better. This is a measure of how vivid the colours are. Philips in the CRT area made tubes for other manufacturers and can be found in almost all major TV brands except for Samsung and most Sonys, they always kept one slightly better one for themselves for a period. In the LCD world things are different but only some things change. As for a home cinema system I have a sony which is excellent it all depends how much:500 euro is plenty these days ge a decent amp (avoid the ones with the DVD built in, they're just for posers) and the LG will cost you about 1100-1200 euro. Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Donie75

I've been doing a bit of research and I'm thinking of going for:
    TV 32' LCD: Samsung LE-32R71B (€1279 from Komplett)
    DVD: Samsung DVD HDD Recorder HR734 (€365 from Komplett)
    Anyone got any comments, good or bad...

Advertisement