Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Astra timing belt

Options
  • 24-07-2006 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

If an astra is up on 160k when does the timing belt need to be done again?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

What year and model, engine and when was it last changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Its a 1.4 97'. Dunno when it was last changed but it should be done every 40k right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

35-40k intervals sounds about right, which means it due at this stage. €250 should cover it from a friendly independant, get the water pump changed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

If you havent changed it recently then maybe worth while getting it done.

160k miles I cant to reach that in my Astra. Nearly at the 90k miles mark now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

if in any doubt about when it was last done, change it. much cheaper to replace the belt and water pump than a whole engine.
    40k is about right on opels.
    it should be written on the belt cover somewhere when it was last changed anyway.

• Advertisement

It was last changed around 120/130k mark?

So when will it need to be done again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

id be getting it done asap so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Get it done now and change the water pump as well. At least you ll have a ref in which to change it next time around.

I had my T/B changed at 70k miles, the first time it was changed. However I am going to get it changed every 40k miles just to be on the safe side.

Being a big fan of the Astra, what is the car liek to drive at 160k miles, am amusing you have a 1.4 engine.

Haven't got it. Just thinking of buying. How much would it cost to get this done?

Advertisement