Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Keyed - Check this out...

Options
  • 24-07-2006 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

A mates boyfriends car was keyed outside Harry Byrnes in Clontarf.
    Her boyfriend works for Ford and has an open insurance, out of habit he takes the disk with him everywhere he goes, even when gets out of the car.
    So he comes out of the pub on friday night and "Pay Insurance" is carved into the side of the car, wing mirrors smashed and windscreen wipers bent.

What kind of nob head does this kind of thing??

Apparently this has happened before outside this pub so beware...

Photo on the way....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Scum. I'm quite suprised outside a pub that nobody was around to see it with everbody outside smoking. I mean surely somebody must have spotted it happen. Absoloute terrible thing to happen though. Sorry to hear about his car.

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Thats crazy :eek:

What business is it off anyone if he doesn't have insurance ??, even though he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Yup, scum

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Not such a bad idea to take the insurance disc with you if it's an open policy. Scumbags broke in to my company 4x4 just to take the insurance disc. Mid-Morning at the coachmans in Swords.

Ignored the radio, 3 bottles of wine and the fridge freezer in the back and just nicked the insurance disc. Screwdrivered the lock barrell on the passenger door. Caused around €800 of damage (saved the barrell but full re-spray on passenger front door, new graphics and application).

Looks like you can't win either way :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Complete assholes, its not uncommon for people who are insured not to have a disk on display from time to time.... changing car over, driving a different car for a week etc.. No CCTV outside I guess either?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

absolute dick whoever that was , i hope in an ironic twist of fate he get's hit by an uninsured driver - mean aren't i :) LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

jESUS,Ive never heard of anything like that before, F*cking wacko's going round noadays

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

What a ridiculas thing for these idiots to do? How did his boss react?

Out of curiosity, has he ever been ticketed for not displaying insurance? Happened me once (disk was there, but it was at night and the Garda didn't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Fey! wrote:
    What a ridiculas thing for these idiots to do? How did his boss react?

Out of curiosity, has he ever been ticketed for not displaying insurance? Happened me once (disk was there, but it was at night and the Garda didn't see it.

A different issue. But its an offence not to display valid insurance though isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A different issue. But its an offence not to display valid insurance though isn't?

Yes it is - €80 fine AFAIK. But that's irrelevant if the car is on private property.

Either way, if someone feels that strongly about then they could simply leave a note.

What sort of total scumbag does that to a car? I certainly hope there is CCTV to help catch that scumbag(s).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

crosstownk wrote:
    Yes it is - €80 fine AFAIK. But that's irrelevant if the car is on private property.

I was just curious, if people say they do this all the time. There was a untaxed, uninsured, un NCT'ed car parked dangerously at the corner of our road every night for a couple of months and the guards never did anything about it.
    crosstownk wrote:
    Either way, if someone feels that strongly about then they could simply leave a note.

Just report it to the Guards, though I doubt they'd do much.
    crosstownk wrote:
    What sort of total scumbag does that to a car? I certainly hope there is CCTV to help catch that scumbag(s).

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Bad thing to do alright but I could see many people being quite pissed off if they were say spending 4k a year on insurance for their car and they then see a seemingly uninsured car parked in a public place (which is illegal) that they might become frustrated.

Do other people attending the pub also take the discs with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Tipsy - if you saw a car with no insurance disk, would you key it? I'd hope not.

Keying because there's no insurance on display is taking the law into your own hands by breaking the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Fupping sad busybody cnuts going around these days. Should have Knobend carved into their throats and then slit. Any normal person would assume a new enough car with no ins disk is most likely to be insured just in a change of ownership mode or something. Sad bastards, have they no lives that they have to stick their braindead nose into others affairs.
    Probably some dope that had a personal experience with an uninsured driver or somehing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Wnkers.

I wonder how many eastern european reg cars they have gotten cos theres enough non display issues there to keep them going till 2010 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Fey! wrote:
    Tipsy - if you saw a car with no insurance disk, would you key it? I'd hope not.
    Not at all, would consider it only scum who could do it but like I said some people take certain things to "heart" and when a scumbag this normally means ruin someones property :(

Advertisement