Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The sales...post your bargains here.

• 24-07-2006 1:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Im trying to get off work a little early to go up to Bt and Arnotts sales. Are they any good?

Ive practically given up on stores like Next as all they do is bring out all the crap stock and throw it up on the rails. Its always a rag fest and I dont bother getting in the scrum anymore.
    Did anyone get any good bargains and where should I head for the best buys? Shoes esp.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

BT and Arnotts started a couple of weeks ago didn't they? From a Menswear perspective, both seem unremarkable. Lots of mass-produced RL Polo Jeans stuff in Arnotts, hit and miss to be honest, went in with a bit to spare and all I picked out was a nice red Polo baseball cap with a skull and crossbones design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

in the square last week in awear i got a dress for 5 euro in awear, a lovely skirt for 10 euro and 2 tops for 15 quid. In Tally weijl I got a beautiful dress polka dots for 20 euro and today in faith i got a pair of oriental style flats ive wanted for ages for 15. www.asos.com have a great sale 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Didn't bother checking out any of the sales this time round.
    Though, at this point where most sales would be running about a month, I'd imagine its quite difficult to find something you actually like, and then you've got the problem of finding your size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Went to Scotch Hall today, got a fab shirt dress in monsoon reduced to 35 from 70, a denim skirt in topshop for 35 and 2 tankini's in Next, exact same but different colours for 17 euro for each set. They were the only smaller sizes left, everything was 14, 16,18. Got all my clothes for my holiers so I'm happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Thats wha I thought, but went to next n got a nice pair of jeans, a top and a t-shirt, n they were all half price

I'm lookin for a pair of jeans with some sort of design on them, for 50 max, so, would I find anything in BT?

Also, I wont be there til the weekend. will all d god stuff be gone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Looked into BT and was extemely underwhelmed by the men's clothes although I guess most of the good stuff is probably gone. Some nice shoes left though but not really bargains, most seem only reduced by 50%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

The sales weren't too great this year, but then I don't think the summer sales ever are really!
    Topshop had only two racks of sales clothes, Awear just seemed to bring out the same things they always have on sale, and by the time I went to BT all the good stuff had gone!
    Two shops I did like were Vero Moda and Store. I've not been a huge fan of Vero Moda lately but I got two tops in their sale - they were sale samples so I don't think that line was ever developed so (hopefully) they won't be seen on everyone. They have no labels and they are actually much better quality and more unusual than the usual stock!
    I also saw some beautiful St Martins Jacets and coats in Store in Cork but I'm holding out to see if they reduce them further!

One big thing that annoyed me this year was the fact that all the jeans on sale were skinny jeans! Now they've been killed by the trend, I suppose they're just trying to get rid of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

Luckily I just got paid and mustve spent aabout 3 hours in roches Stores going round and round. as always, came home with a load of stuff I really don't need.

Got a dress in Morgan reduced to twenty quid in my size so was well happy.:D also, great reductions on the make up front!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

ive pretty much given up on the sales ( as is evident from my first post showing that I didnt even know they were on so long) Due to years of fighting my way through tat infested double railed psycotic rage inducing sales.
    I gave up and decided the sales were for me on a Monday afternoon only at the start. Most shops and Next is the worst for this, just drag out all their old rags and throw them on a rail. Thats what I think anyway and is just my opinion and pleasedontsueme!
    I love Karen Millen and would spend all day dossing around the rails but i dont think Ive ever caught a sales there tbh.
    Maybe Im just crap at bargain hunting. My mother is the ultimate bargain savage and would be very ashamed of me if she knew how lazy I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

yeah I usually don't get anything in the sales, this time I went mad cos money burning in my pocket but I agree most shops just throw out rubbishy clothes that have rips in them/make up & deodorant smears etc and are never in my size!! :eek: so you're not the only person who can't spot the bargains! Also, I don't "follow" trends so sales don't really do my style much justice! We can safely give the sales a miss next time so!

• Advertisement
Advertisement