Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Hail King Booker

• 24-07-2006 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Booker is new champ!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

you don't need to shout. ;)
    to be honest i had a feeling that it was coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

9. If you are going to post spoilers, etc - please titled your thread with "Show name - spoilers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 goonthedan

how about no:):):) oh sorry about the caps , I suppose i better go to confessions now,,,,,,, whats the big deal with that

booker won!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

well there are alot of ppl who don't or can't watch it live, so they use another source. They may not have gotten around to watching it yet. :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

ALL HAIL KING BOOKER . ALL HAIL KING BOOKER. ALL HAIL KING BOOKER.
    the wwe have been pushing booker for a while now. but is it too late now (booker is 43, i think) i wonder is he going to retire soon and this is just a thank you gesture from wwe. i don't know i may be wrong!
    ANYWAY i am over the moon about what Chavo did. thank you chavo, lets bury this stupid 'eddie eddie' chant. last night i said to myself 'you know one will watch the first hour of the great american bash and then sky+ the rest'. so there i was happily watching it, until the 45th minute. YAWN , rey and chavo in the YAWN locker room. YAWN chavo putting his YAWN arm around rey YAWN saying something like YAWN its all for YAWN eddie. i turned off my telly YAWN i was grand till i saw that scene.
    i hope what chavo did puts an end to the whole eddie thing YAWN, god there i go again YAWN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Ahh well, he only has 10 posts, go easy on him.

Anyway, who didn't see it comin, We all knew
    rey would be screwed out of the title by chavo and the storyline behind it is even more obivious.

Booker, sry King Booker should be a good champ, still like Edge, thought he should have got it earlier.

triple h wrote:
    i hope what chavo did puts an end to the whole eddie thing YAWN, god there i go again YAWN.
    you probably dont mean it that way but i hope the WWE don't let ppl forget about Eddie for a long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

you are right Stalfos. i dont mean it in a bad way. i thought eddie was f--king brilliant. its just the way rey used it (it was most likely not rey's fault) it just was boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

As sure as I am sitting here typing this post right now Booker will be squashed by Batista at SummerSlam. It so obvious that they didnt want to put rey up against him because they didnt want to turn either of them heel. Usual predictable crap from SD but at least the champ isnt 165lbs anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 goonthedan

rey is injured and needs to have surgery, thats another reason why he lost the belt , hope he is not out for dublin show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

at least the champ isnt 165lbs anymore!

Smackdown/WWE in general has alot of problems regarding their tv. Rey being champ was not one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I'm kind of glad Rey lost the belt. I got annoyed with the constant milking Eddie's death vibe that has surrounded Rey's entire push.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Eddie will be used as a way to get Chavo over as a heel now, you know? I don't like the thought of that at all

Really glad to see Booker as champ, he's been better than ever recently. He's 41 now, 2 years make a big difference!

I don't think SD's that bad. Always has great matches. Raw is a lot more messed up I think

Smackdown barely has a roster at this stage. Terrible tv rating which if it was n't for Rey would be a whole lot worse. Plus with all the WWE shows it never feels like must see tv.

As for the great wrestling, I think thats a little over the top. In comparison to Raw perhaps. But its not exactly like in 2002 when you had Rey, Angle, Eddie, Benoit, Edge and Brock having great matches week after week.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Really happy that Booker won even though im not crazy about his current gimmick and Sharmell. I noticed that his trunks had a T on them with wings so its good to see that he hasn't totally abandoned the name Booker T.

I liked the idea of Rey being champ but not in the way that it was executed. At the end of the day, it was pretty much Eddies death that gave him that push to the top. He's a great wrestler and so its sad that he can't be at the top based purily on his ability ala Chris Benoit. Now his title push was done really well in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

with all due respect to rey and what he's put into the industry, there is only so many times you can see that awfully contrived 619 before you lose interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Smackdown barely has a roster at this stage. Terrible tv rating which if it was n't for Rey would be a whole lot worse. Plus with all the WWE shows it never feels like must see tv.

As for the great wrestling, I think thats a little over the top. In comparison to Raw perhaps. But its not exactly like in 2002 when you had Rey, Angle, Eddie, Benoit, Edge and Brock having great matches week after week.

And Chavo! It'd be brilliant if they could just use him and Rey and some others like Hardy, Finlay, Regal and whoever else to kind of recreate that series of matches

The tv rating for SD is a lot worse than it used to be because Friday night isn't a good time for most people anyway, and it's being pre-empted in a lot of areas in America. Much better than Raw anyway

Fozzy wrote:
    Eddie will be used as a way to get Chavo over as a heel now, you know? I don't like the thought of that at all

I know. The editors on those wrestling news sites are dreading the Chavo-Rey feud. Even though the matches should be good using Eddie to push them will get even worse.

IMO Its been @ 9 months since Eddie's death. Let him Rest in Peace already. The EG armbands Rey wears has to go and the Eddie name dropping as well.

Fozzy wrote:

The tv rating for SD is a lot worse than it used to be because Friday night isn't a good time for most people anyway, and it's being pre-empted in a lot of areas in America. Much better than Raw anyway

In spite of pre-emptions and thier move to Fridays theirs been a gradual decline in Smackdowns ratings for a good number of years but particuliarly the last 12 months. The Eddie, Rey feud was literally keeping the rating from tanking this time last year. Pre-emptions and the day of the week has no doubt an effect. But if people were interested in seeing the show, alot more would be viewing it.

JohnMc1 wrote:
    The EG armbands Rey wears has to go

Theres no problem in that. The problem lies purely in the fact that Eddie is constantly brought up on the mic etc in order to build an angle. The armbands are just Reys personal tribute to Eddie just like Charlie Haas's wristtape that has 'Russ' on them.

• Advertisement

Theres no problem in that. The problem lies purely in the fact that Eddie is constantly brought up on the mic etc in order to build an angle. The armbands are just Reys personal tribute to Eddie just like Charlie Haas's wristtape that has 'Russ' on them.

True. If he just left it with the armbands it wouldn't have been as bad but when he started doing the lowrider entrance and kept bring up Eddie it went from honoring Eddie to exploiting Eddie really quickly. The sad part is that now that Rey is feuding with Chavo the Eddie name drooping will get a whole lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

It doesn't say much for SD if their champ was squashed by the Boogeyman at Wrestlemania 22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What ever happened to Boogeyman? He just kind of dissappeared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

he's injured at the moment.
    i saw him in a promo for (i think) summerslam last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

maybe he is off trying to actually learn some wrestling moves :rolleyes:

yeah hopefully, i heard that he won't be back til november though.

Well I just read an article about the boogeyman on WWE.com. Its pretty much about his return but it fails to mention a date for his return. Im thinking that maybe they put this article up in order to remind us that the boogeyman is (unfortunatly) still in WWE.

I have no problem with Boogeyman in the WWE. Except when he wrestles.

Just have him appear random while singing a nursery rhyme with a little random nonsense thrown in. Thats his strength. He can do whacky promos well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

booker is only holding the title until batista is ready :p and batista is ready. booker is gonna lose the title until summerslam :D

although i am happy that booker won the title. all credit to him

• Advertisement
Advertisement