Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thoughts On Punami Prison Match

• 24-07-2006 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I Thought This Match Was Good , Abit *HIT About The Storyline With Big Show, DIDN'T THINK THE ENDING WAS PLANNED BUT THE ANNOUNCER SEEMED TO ACT NORMAL TO IT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

you mean the punjabi prison match, yeah seemed planned to me,
    the cage easily opened when they fell against it, plus the spectacle of taker jumping from one cage to the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I thought it was a good enough match considering they didn't have much time to prepare for it due to Khalis forced exit from the match.

I think the ending was planned but it didn't work out as well as hoped, I'd say that they were supposed to crash harder into the cage to bust it open, it seemed to open very easily.

It was obvious that Taker was going to win proving JBL claims that the Legend of the Undertaker was over throughout the match wrong.

I was thinking that Undertaker would get his revenge over Khali at Summerslam after he humiliated him a few month ago maybe in a casket match or something but people say that Khali will be out for a while due to a Liver problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha! Just noticed it says "punami"

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

TBH I wasn't mad about the match. I felt that it was very slow paced and lacked excitment bar one or two occasions like the superplex and the legdrop through the table. The ending was terrible IMO. Firstly its a bad way to end a match that way because it confuses people (myself included) and looks like it wasn't planned. I mean the big show could easily start an angle with him claiming he won the match you know? Like he did against the rock after royal rumble 2000. Secondly, yes the cage did open too easily. So much so that I think it wasn't even closed in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i thought it was terrible too. one of the worst endings to a match i have ever seen. at least they could have made it look like they broke through it. looked like someone opened a door ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Shades of Austin/McMahon at the Valentines Day Massacre a few years back. Knowing WWE though,I thought they'd have called it a draw when they both practically went out at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Shades of Austin/McMahon at the Valentines Day Massacre a few years back.

Just what i was thinking. It was a horrible match, at least the ending made me laugh. They should have had some of the bamboo weakened so it would look like they broke through it, but it was obvious to everyone it was a door, and it swung open.

Enough with gimmick matches!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

The way the cage match at St. Valentines Day Massacre ended was actually alright IMO. It was meant to demonstrate Show's strength. The punjabi prison match, however, was more like... sigh, the kennel from hell match. Bad memories.

Advertisement