Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 or vodafone 3g pcmcia card?

• 24-07-2006 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

am looking at getting one of these,basically to buy either card there is only €10 in the difference,vodafone offer is €49 per month for unlimited internet access regardless of how much you use it where as o2 is kind of like payg setup i think can anyone shed some light on which would be the best to go for?i generally would like to browse boards,email with attachments,ebay and use vod website for messaging for approx 1 or 2 hours per day,any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I just gave away a free vodafone pcmcia card, pity....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

HavoK wrote:
    I just gave away a free vodafone pcmcia card, pity....:D
    damn you havok,well what was your opinion on it

I'd suggest the Vodafone data card. The O2 one would cost you a bomb if its still at the ordinary 1c per kb. That's over €10 per megabyte!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

Karsini wrote:
    I'd suggest the Vodafone data card. The O2 one would cost you a bomb if its still at the ordinary 1c per kb. That's over €10 per megabyte!
    yeah thats the feedback im getting allright karsini cheers for that

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A word of advice about those "unlimited" tariffs- and O2 has one now as well- that they have a fair usage clause, which means beyond a certain "reasonable" amount of use, the network may charge by k anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Any details on the o2 one? They've nothing on their website.

.cg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dont hold me to this but I believe its 49 euro on connection to the mega tariff, which has been reduced to 40 euro per month unlimited subject to fair usage. Its un published so far. There is also a light tariff with no line rental in which the by meg charge decreases upon higher level of use, for people with intermittent use.

Advertisement