Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House ownership database?

Options
  • 24-07-2006 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just moved into a house. Another house a few doors down have music blaring from 9am till 4am almost every day. Is there a way to find out who owns the property assuming the music lovers are tennants? :D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Moved from Consumer Issues

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Have a look @ the Public Register on http://www.prtb.ie/
    Just notify your council or Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Karoma wrote:
    Have a look @ the Public Register on http://www.prtb.ie/
    Just notify your council or Gardai.
    Thanks for the tip. I couldn't find the property at the prtb.ie site. Perhaps the landlord isn't declaring tax on tennants an therefore doesn't appear on their website.Another possibility is that the music lovers own the house themselves. I'm thinking maybe the local housing authority owns the property as I understand they now buy properties in non local housing authority areas.

Anyone got alternative suggestions ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

DannyD wrote:
    Anyone got alternative suggestions ?

Have you tried having a chat with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

iguana wrote:
    Have you tried having a chat with them?
    They ain't the sort of people who one can ask to turn off their radio. I informed the Gardai but they said they cant do much. Basically I'm wondering if the house is a council house or private.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭JP Mulvano

Was in the same situation myself. I did 2 simple things:

1. Got a digital camera which takes video. Starting recording the teletext and without stopping took camera footage of the noise and where it was sepcifically coming from.

2. Contacted Threshold, www.threshold.ie, and asked them for help. They advised me what I could do. i.e. log all complaints with the local gardai station and eventually take them to court. I also asked for a copy of the procedures I could take and possible consequences if the noise continued on headed paper from Threshold.

I slipped a letter under their door, stating I'd be starting court proceedings within 2 weeks if the noise continued. I included the info from Threshold. This seemed to do the trick. 6 months later and I'm sleeping peacefully and even getting on decently with the former noisey neighbours.

You could always go the vendictive ****er route and cut their power from circuit breaker. I think it has to be on the outside of the house for the meter man to read it. This works equally well in the short term!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Behave, JP Mulvano.

OP, talk to the environmental health department in your council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 k-pax

Danny, get the name and address of your lovely neighbours and name and shame them on www.xposed.ie :D
    As you've mentioned, talking to those f**rs usually doesn't lead anywhere and if the gards can't do anything then you're pretty much done.

Hope I'm wrong and it works out for you in the end.

Advertisement