Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structural survey report

Options
  • 24-07-2006 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey all,
    I've recently gone sale agreed on a second hand 3 bed house. I just got the stuctural survey report back from the surveyor and there was several minor issues but 2 or 3 potential big issues for example; the ceil around the bath tub is not water tight and the ceiling underneath has some damage. I was wondering, can i ask for these issues to be sorted out now that the house has gone sale agreed? I haven't signed anything yet. I still want the property regardless but would prefer if this stuff was sorted first. Would appreciate any advice.
    Cheers,
    Brian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You could say to the seller "I want the price reduced by X because of problems Y & Z", but its unlikely to be entertained in hte current market.

If you want to use your own builder to do the repairs before the sale is finalised, you are probably putting your own money at risk.

Advertisement